Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Bachelor recap or Pillow fights and lies - they both hit you in the face!

Once again this show will be on in the background as I work through some stuff…then again the initial preview shows so many tears and I am such a fan of ugly crying I might enjoy this too much to work. Hannah Ann and Kelsey start the show off with crying the morning after the rose ceremony.
Victoria P has a solo date with Peter and they go off to a country bar. While they are badly dancing the mansion is being dominated by the champagne-gate between Kelsey and Hannah.
Back to the date with Victoria and Peter and they are having a date in a hangar as we lean heavily into the pilot theme. Victoria knows the Bachelor tropes and tells a sob story about her home life I didn't listen as well as I should have cause I was drafting a letter but it sounds like Peter told a story about praying that his wife is in the house and then a shooting star went across the sky…I don't know, what I do know is there is no way I am rewinding to confirm that junk.
Alayah is back at the house trying on a captain's hat and saying that she is ready for the pilot wife life and also that she can fake looks by being 2 faced, Sydney is not a fan of her.
Next morning in advance of the group date Demi is back (I know Bachelor nation loves her but I do not get it, I just see a woman with no job). The wakeup call for the ladies is Demi screaming on a bull horn and 2 ladies (Champagne and Killer) hitting the sleeping girls with pillows, Tammy is telling us in her ITM that they were confused by the flying pillows and feathers and as she is talking she is hit with a pillow, sometimes the Bach producers give us gems…Tammy's face was not having it.
Allegedly the date is in Demi's hands so the girls are giving lingerie/sleep wear and they are sitting in a bus with Peter completely confused. They end up at a saloon and it is a 'pillow fight club.'
Fred Willard and Chris Hanson are the announcers for the matches…Fred you cannot need money this bad. Tammy is up first with okay I confess I do not know who she fought, but Tammy you might remember made the 'boys' wrestling team at her high school so she beasted the poor girl she was up against.
Sarah C in her fight gets completely mollywopped giving us a great slow motion replay.

Alayah and Sydney are the final matchup and it includes hair pulling and wrestling and Alayah comes out the winner gaining a crown and a kiss from Peter while Sydney is death staring in the background.
Alayah is the first to pull Peter aside during the evening portion, she says she has a fear of abandonment and worries if she doesn't see Peter for days…Peter "Alayah has a fun energetic vibe about her."
Sydney and Alayah have a moment with Alayah initially asking Alayah "Do you work?" Sydney tells Alayah that all of her answers "seem rehearsed" and thinks she might just be a pageant girl, Alayah slowly starts to realize that Sydney is not just casually asking questions and becomes a big more guarded after initially gushing about holding many crowns.
Peter appears to be kissing every girl on their one on one including Tammy who tells him that she worries that he will think of her as just a bro to which Peter responds "are you kidding me? I don't do this with my bros" and kisses her.
Sydney in her time with Peter does a risky move and warns him that some girls might be faking their actions in front of him and this plays upon fears that Peter has expressed (he doesn't want to end up like the Bachelorette Hannah Brown). Peter does a shady move of then asking Sydney in front of all of the girls to call out anyone she thinks is fake, so Sydney though clearly uncomfortable has to call out Alayah who then asks if anyone else wants to call her fake. Of course none of the other girls are crazy enough to respond…You better be sure you are one of the top girls before you start to throw other girls under the bus.
Alayah starts arguing with Sydney after Peter leaves but then smartly goes to look for Peter solo. BUT wait, look at this, Sydney may actually be one of the top girls, because Peter gives her the group date rose for being willing to try and protect him.
In lieu of a cocktail party there will be a pool party.
The girls all seem to be looking forward to the pool party but Peter walks in and tells them he is a little down and not in the mood for a pool party because he is starting to have doubts. The cynic in me wonders if part of the pool party doubt is Peter wearing a sweatshirt…it looks chilly. Peter takes Sydney aside first
Alayah is telling Hannah (maybe) and another girl I think it is Mykenna (told you I can't learn all these names that quickly) that she thinks only Sydney has a problem with her because she has asked all the others and no one has told her they have a problem with her or that they think she is fake. Of course while Alayah is having her conversation with the '2 I do not know' we see Peter talking to multiple girls and they are all telling Peter that they think Alayah is fake.
Alayah pulls Sydney aside, it does not go as well for Alayah as she thought it would.
When Alayah meets up for a one on one time with Peter she feigns confusion as to why other girls would tell Peter that they find her fake.
Peter pulls someone aside I think it is Victoria (she was Ms. Louisiana and looks a lot like Demi) and asks for her thoughts on Alayah, she says that Alayah had asked her to not tell producers that they knew each other from the Miss USA circuit. The unknown girl also tells Peter that Alayah expressed intentions for other opportunities outside of the Bachelor.
This causes Peter to pull Alayah aside again, Alayah is talking a mile a minute and it does not look like she is seeing the danger signs. Peter as is his wont immediately tells Alaya what Victoria (I guess that has to be her name) said about her regarding the pageants and the producers.
Rose ceremony time – And it is going smoothly until the last 2 roses are on the table and then Peter walks off to talk to Chris leaving women stressed out on the platforms. Peter is telling Chris that he wants "to give it to her [a rose] so badly" but he is unsure, Chris asks "how much would you regret sending her home tonight?" Mykenna is crying "I would just hate for him to miss out on the opportunity to get to know me." OMCH (Chris) comes in and takes away one of the two roses and tells the assembled ladies that "this is now the final rose of the night." And the final rose of the night goes to Mykenna which means Alayah is going home! I guess she is going to have to find that 'Pilot wife life' somewhere else…

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.