Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

R.I.P. Cousin Azeez

(This is a very late post. I had it just sitting in my saved box for ever because I just had a hard time posting it)

My cousin died due to his car plunging into a canal
in Florida and he was submerged under water for 20 minutes. I cannot explain the sorrow I felt when I heard the news. It was just so shocking to deal with and to believe that a man who was so vibrant was just gone like that. But the thing that hit me hardest was that he left my cousin and her 2 kids. I just felt such a sense of loss when I thought about what his loss meant to their immediate family.

It is weird that I rarely feel much pain when death occurs. But this one hit me hard because of I guess the family connection and I just cannot get over how it occurred and what was left undone.

I do not want to go into too much detail the news does a decent job on it here

Just reading the words "oldest child, 21-year-old Javeed." makes it hard to stomach...I think especially because I remember when Javeed could be held by me in one hand while holding my other cousin Andre in the other

I will miss him and my heart goes out to mi familia

1 comment:

iriegal said...

I don't know you, but I read your pain. Having just lost someone who I viewed as family,I know it is hard. The wonderful thing though is they have left us so many memories.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.