Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, November 13, 2017

Bachelorette recap or family first (for the budget)?



We start off with Rachel walking around her hometown of Dallas.
Because Rachel’s sister is 8 months pregnant she cannot fly out to do the usual ‘the family meets you in a tropical location’ shtick so the guys have to meet Rachel’s family now not later. 

Peter is first:
And they go shopping for baby clothes. Time for Peter to meet the family and it looks like Rachel’s dad the judge continues to avoid camera time like he did on the Bachelor. “What are the red flags?” must have been a producer driven question since multiple people utilized it. 

Eric is second:
Rachel takes him on a quick tour of Dallas. Back at the hotel Peter and Bryan have an awkward exchange, with Peter being annoyed that Bryan seems to think his time with Rachel is locked!
Rachel’s family appears concerned that Eric has never been in love, and “his most serious relationship has been 8 months.” Eric asks Rachel’s mom if it is okay for him to have Rachel’s hand in marriage and he receives that permission. 

Bryan as the finale:
Both Bryan and Rachel are wearing the watches that they purchased on the last episode. Peter in the hotel room says he is not the biggest fan of Bryan and also mentions “Fake cheeks” hmm a few podcasts I have listened to have said Bryan has fake cheeks…Bryan gets to meet some of Rachel’s girlfriend’s before meeting her family…clear front runner status.
Rachel’s family is not as enamored with Bryan as Rachel is – they do not trust Bryan’s motivations as much as Rachel does. Rachel is quick to defend him and will not let her family be critical of him. Rachel’s sister calls Bryan out for saying he loves her family after “just one hour.” 

Let’s head to Spain:
Eric: is the first Bachelor up, and the Bachelorette helicopter budget is back baby.
Eric after a long preamble finally tells Rachel that he loves her, this leads to a make out and a fantasy suite invite. And…we get to see the after-glow in the morning. 

Peter:
They go to a winery where the owner tells us that he has been with his partner for 57 years. He then serenades the couple in Spanish, before they drink. The winery owner gifts Rachel and Peter with their own wine locker. Rachel asks Peter about the conversation with her family. Just as the couple is about to get into some serious discussions they are interrupted by an adorable kid. The couple finally gets to the serious discussion at dinner, Peter is of the opinion that an engagement should be treated as seriously as marriage, Rachel is a lot more cavalier – this is causing the two to pull apart and we get to be continued.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.