Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Bachelorette Recap or Nick Viall is your therapist?

 

About six years ago the doctors told my friend that if she kept on the path that she was on she would not live to see 40. They hit it on the head, she died a couple weeks ago, we did her memorial yesterday (I stumbled through the homily) tonight would have been her 40th birthday party. Life comes at you fast R.I.P. Diana.

 So with that bit of harshness let’s do some fluff. Thanks to the USPS really taking to heart the nickname ‘snail mail’ my god daughter left for camp before her glitter bomb envelope could arrive. Her mom just told me that she has put the envelope on her bed waiting for her, a better person than me would warn the mom and consequently the daughter but now I just have even more glee thinking of a glittered bed!

 Just as I was wondering who would be doing the voice over now that OMCH is gone we get a new man's voice as we flow into the cocktail party that started last week – could Tayshia or Katelyn not do it?

We return to Karl setting fire to the 'house'



We get constant clips of Katie crying while the guys argue with Karl. Katie comes back in to the arguing guys to say that she has no more energy for the guys so we are going to go straight to the rose ceremony. IT IS THE SECOND ROSE CEREMONY...let's chill on pretending that she is this deeply invested this quickly. Tre is so mad at Karl he cannot express himself beyond ending sentences with "oh my God!" 


Karl walks away from the guys and shadow boxes as he preps for more arguments with the rest of the guys.


  ROSE CEREMONY TIME:
Just once I wish the show would spring a surprise, give Karl a rose first and just have all the other guys murder-stare him.


Instead David gets the first rose


Hunter gets the second rose.

Connor C is next then Mike P who gets his rose and then immediately tells Katie that "as a unit…we feel that what Karl said wasn't the truth…and we feel that as a unit this is something you needed to hear." Katie asks the group if what Mike said is true the guys nod their heads in agreement and Katie asks to be excused and walks off again.

Katie goes and talks to Katelyn and Tayshia telling them that she is confused because she was planning to keep Karl.


  Back to the ceremony and Michael gets a rose (clearly the guys were not going to boycott or actually band together to insist he goes home)

 Connor B then Quartney get roses as Tre tells us that he is snatching a rose of Karl if he gets one, then Tre gets a rose. Justin gets a rose, Andrew M, then Christian (one of my guys is still on the chopping block), Josh gets a rose and gives out a deep sigh, Brendan gets his as Karl tells us he is definitely getting a rose "the military will have to drag me out" then James gets the penultimate rose…my guy is still on the chopping block as the twin hosts tell us it is the final rose and it goes to Aaron. Adios John, I knew I should not have put my faith in a PB guy.

The remaining guys give Katie a round of applause…wack.Karl can now go on to planning his appearance on Paradise but for now he has to...


  Michael walks in with a date card and reads it (need all the points I can get since well JOHN YOU SUCK…they better bring him back later in the season…is that a thing?)

The guys freak out that the date card does not say "love Katie" or have hearts at the end I guess they think she writes them…wack.


The card speaks about honesty so we can guess what the date will be.

The guys walk into a circle of chairs with Nick Vial sitting there waiting for them, Justin who has the greatest expressions 


looks very suspicious. The date is about telling Katie about "any red flags that she cannot move past" the guys are supposed to confess their past sins to Katie and they are freaking out…wack! Nothing here should freak out even the most casual liar.

Hunter goes first "I have already developed significant feelings for Katie" then confesses that he was previously married but by the time he and his wife had a son he had "shifted priorities…and I failed at marriage." Hunter breaks down in tears. This show will milk emotional traumas for content but will not have a psychologist run this share circle…wack (though I gotta think most psychologists would probably balk at doing this). Guys confess to cheating etc but then Thomas says what I said last week would be true of most of the guys "I couldn’t sit here and look you in the face and say yeah when I showed up here I showed up for the right reasons, because I didn't know who you were…but I have leaned in." Thomas admits he went on a date the week before he came on the show and the guys around him look angry…Katie is looking less and less pleased as Thomas goes on and like Aaron does not seem happy that Thomas has a huge grin on his face as he confesses. Connor B. goes last and is sniffling before his story even starts, he admits to drinking a lot in the past then one night picking a fight with his girlfriend leaving her to go to a party to get drunk and high and cheating on her and he claims that he was a bad version of himself back then…bro I hope you are not a teacher at some overly conservative school because I do not want a show like this affecting your job.

  Katie's story, she tells us that no one knows not even her mom and I immediately feel crestfallen because I know where this is going – Katie was in a situation 10 years ago "where there wasn't consent" and because she was in denial (initially) she even "formed a relationship" with him. Sigh, so much of last season (Matt's) and the start of this season I wondered if this was a background in Katie's world and I really worried about it because our world has too many incidents of this nature. This is not the forum for it (as in the blog, but also this show since they are just going to shoehorn it here) but let me just superficially address that I hope people always reach out to their loved ones and others who have been violated and help them to lift any stigma they might feel, too often assault victims are  heaped on with more stress when people instead of offering comfort offer more questions "what did you do/why were you there/why didn't you leave…etc" Again this is not the forum and I am not even sure if I would ever write a blog post about it because I would be too afraid of saying something more harmful than helpful so the TL:DR is protect everyone, show empathy and please people stop being terrible.

 After the heaviness of the share circle, we come out of the commercial break with Michael telling some of the guys about his wife dying from Breast cancer.



  Evening portion:

Justin is first and gets a kiss while taking a Polaroid. Connor B thanks Katie for what she shared then tells her that he thinks she can "really see people" Katie tells him that she just wants to let him know he is a catch and they do one of their aggressive makeouts.

Katie asks Thomas "what are all the red flags" that he mentioned and he bypasses the question and speaks of fate bringing them together. In his ITM Thomas notes "she was asking some probing questions and I did not have an answer for her…I got rattled (expletive deleted)." Thomas does not believe he will go home if he talks to Katie again and he does not care if it ticks off the other guys. So while Aaron is sharing a heartfelt story that involves someone having a stroke at 19 Thomas is lurking in the background and it distracts both Katie and Aaron.

  Thomas tells Katie "fear and love are too very similar things rooted in the same concept…and when I look at you I feel both things"…it is week two…WACK! "I feel an energy that is such a strong pull to you…I need you to know that." Katie falls for it.

  Back to the house and a rose card is read by Mike (the gym guy Virgin), the date goes to Michael A.

Back to the group date and the guys ask Thomas about interrupting Aaron. When Aaron asks Thomas if he thinks his time is more valuable than Aaron's Thomas says "yes" and I chuckle because the guys really thought he was going to say "no."

 Before presenting the rose Katie does a little synopsis of her thoughts and says "David I know you have expressed being in this environment how uncomfortable it makes you" and again I say "WHO?" Why is the show diluting this black man?


Connor B gets the group date rose.

  Thomas and the other guys continue to argue after Katie leaves, and Aaron tells him to not look at him and just act as if they are not friends.

One on One Date time:

Because they are in a desert locale there is an off-road vehicle and while Katie is cutting B-roll footage she flips the dune buggy – Matt would be proud.


Once she picks Michael up Katie tells hims "I am a good driver I promise" mmhmm. During their simulated picnic Katie confesses that she flipped the dune buggy to Michael. Michael – "I have always heard this ends in an engagement but I believe this begins in an engagement" and Katie swoons.

  Many of the guys are crowded onto the couch of destiny and Tre is again puffing up saying that he will confront Thomas (will he rip a rose from him?).


  Back to the evening date:

Michael opens up about his wife dying and it leaves Katie in a puddle "I am overwhelmed in sadness for his pain, but happiness for what our love can be he said it so beautifully "what a blessing to fall in love twice" and he talked about it in a way that the love that him and I could create would be so unique." Michael of course gets the date rose (I picked a winner here). Katie is telling us that she might be falling in love with Michael…

 Daytime in the house and the guys are not happy with Thomas and I realize that Hunter has a massive sleeve tattoo that I did not expect.

As they are all on the couch of destiny Hunter calls Thomas out. Thomas is asked point blank if he is thinking about being the Bachelor and he responds "I want to thank all of you guys" when he is pushed "before coming here I did not know what to expect" then "I cannot be disingenuine [sic] to you guys and I am not going to be…yes coming in to this one of the thoughts on my mind was being the Bachelor." But…so many of the guys are acting as if they were not thinking the same thing…wack. #JusticeForKarl.


 Blooper Reel –

We find out that Katie might be a bit of an idiot at least when it comes to astronomy "is that O'Brian's Belt?" Michael gently corrects her that it is Orion's belt.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.