Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Bachelorette recap or let's slide a Canadian back in here and pretend he is genuine.

 

Did my physical last week, overall came out pretty well…my doc was annoyed that thanks to Covid all physicals last year were cancelled, I am just glad the delay was not prejudicial. I have to go into the dermatologist next week (I feel like a teenager) because you cannot utilize the doctor's suite like a carwash even though all the services are in the same building.

  We start with Thomas jogging a trail and a couple guys discussing the fact that Thomas came on the show thinking he could be the next Bachelor and we get the rare passage of time alert "you don't come on here thinking you want to be the Bachelor and falling in love with the Bachelorette in three weeks."

Thomas runs up to Quartney at the outdoor gym and admits to being a politician.

I am confused by Tre wearing a sweatshirt when everyone else seems to be in light clothing, but then on the date Katie and the hosts are wearing layers so I suspect it is windy and chilly.

  Group Date:

"You are going to be pushed to your limit" the date has dares set up around the property.

The first Dare is to eat a massive plate of Twinkies Mike the gym owner says he has not had a carb in 7 years.


 The second dare we see has the guys whispering sweet nothings it is goofy as you would expect. A third dare is getting the hairiest part of your body waxed…for Tre it is his buttocks.


Katie is the same age as Tayshia yet seems so much younger THE SAME AGE!

  The final challenge is one that the show seems to love to have men do, eat habanero peppers and then fake propose to the Bachelorette…if Michelle's season was not next I really think I would be taking a break.

Evening Date:

Andrew S is the first to take her aside and he has a taco plate set up for them and by 'he has' I mean the producers have. I gotta think the mics are turned up because all of Katie's kisses sound super loud – "tonight Andrew S went out of his way to get to the key to my heart, via my stomach."

  Greg and Katie share stare-time and Katie says "you are not trying to impress me which is really impressing me" and then Katie says "I am starting to fall for you" I cannot imagine the panic the producers had right after that. I wonder if a backup Bachelorette was called in for a standby, there had to be flash backs to Clare.

Tre is telling us that he will tell Katie about the problems with Thomas while Andrew S says that the guys should not tell Katie/concern themselves with Thomas.

  Tre takes his turn and then tells Katie about Thomas and says it is his feeling "and a lot of the other guys."

  Andrew S. says "you guys don't want drama but you spark it" he is not incorrect about that, but he then says that Tre will not get the rose…Tre gets the group rose.


  The next day Katie is doing the stare into space on the couch routine when Tayshia knocks on her door to tell her that someone from her past wants to meet Katie and Tayshia thinks they would be a good match. Tayshia will not tell Katie who the mystery guy is "because I don't want to cloud your judgement until you see him" or "because this show needs drama and you act like a 12 year old." The show tries to film this like an M Night Shyamalan reveal, keeping the guy in shadows, only showing us from his waist down then his slightly balding head until Katie walks up and it is Blake…except they showed us Blake in all their "coming up this season" promo work and last week's episode soooo twist reveal neutered.


Turns out that Blake and Katie spoke through DMs "Blake reached out to commend me for the boldness" uhmm didn't he also DM Clare before her season? This is a pattern.

"It is concerning that at this point you have dated 2 bachelorettes and if you stayed I would be your third bachelorette." Blake says "I promise that if it came down to the end and we connected like I think we could we will be engaged at the end" sure bro.

Katie is going to take her time during the Rose Ceremony to see who she thinks should remain and whether there is a place for Blake

 Katie, Tayshia and Kaitlyn meet up to discuss Thomas, and Kaitlyn says the unspoken truth "that is one way to ensure you will not be the Bachelor…saying you want to be the Bachelor."

  Cocktail Party:

The guys all gather and Thomas is missing, so of course he has gone off to get the jump on them and talk to Katie.


Thomas says he is not close with the guys in the house and he has had to listen "while my character and my integrity gets demonsterized" 


Thomas has a habit of making up words as he makes up excuses.

" It is hard…You say things exactly as I want to hear them" Katie is holding Thomas' hand and looking confused.

Katie tells us that she thinks Thomas has been honest with her and she is wondering if guys in the house are intimidated by Thomas and might not be telling her the truth.


 

Andrew S is proven correct, "that's a ripple effect" the night is damaged because Thomas went and took time with Katie.
Katie comes in and immediately snitches "Thomas I am sorry that you feel ostracized by the house." 


This leads to panicked looks on many guys' faces. Come on you knew after last season of the Bachelor that Katie is going to tell things she hears in private.

  Tre is concerned that Thomas got Katie to see him as a victim.

  First guy to take Katie aside is Brandon and he tries to lead it to a Thomas conversation "is there anything in the house you want to hear from me" Katie tells him she just wants to be in "this moment with you" he still barrels ahead.
Justin brings up Thomas, Aaron brings up Thomas, blind to the fact that Katie clearly does not want to talk about it.

Katie tells Michael she is having feelings for him…because he was smart enough to not spend his time talking about Thomas.

Multiple men do not get time with Katie at the party.

  Rose Ceremony:

Just as Katie is about to start naming rose recipients Thomas makes a speech "Openly apologizing" to Katie and the men…mmhmm Justin does his usual facial contortions.

  Hunter, Greg, Justin, Brendan get roses while Andrew S laments lost time but then gets a rose.

Aaron, Mike P., James, Josh, Quartney (despite no time at the cocktail party) and Andrew M. get roses. Down to the final rose and its down to Thomas and a bunch of guys whose name we do not know, Katie picks up a rose calls Thomas forward and the guys all have shocked faces,


as Thomas walks up for a rose I start to think Katie is about to do a performance and I am correct: Thomas steps forward and reaches for her and Katie takes a step back and tells Thomas "your Bachelorette audition ends now…so get out."

She still looks like a 12 year old trying to act tough, I just cannot unsee it. Katie does not give the final rose out to anyone, methinks Blake has a rose coming.

 Katie leaves the cocktail party and knocks on a hotel room and it is Blake's room (apparently he was naked) "I just threw on some boxers real quick." Blake steps out of his room in a sweatshirt and boxers and I watch his door close behind him and immediately think, "this dude just got locked out" Katie coquettishly asks him if he wants to join and of course he does…oh and he is locked out.

 Blooper Reel:

The ladies try nibbles of the habanero peppers and regret it immensely.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.