Infrequently updated consistently funny

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Bachelorette recap or the Men Tell all to each other not the hosts.

 Time for the Men-Tell-All hosted by Tayshia and Kaitlyn. To say Tayshia and Kaitlyn are dressed to stun is too simple, their outfits are eye-catching even if part of what is catching my eye is trying to figure out how to describe Kaitlyn's green velvet look. 

The guys are introduced and Olu is once again in a bright suit, Rodney gets a tonne of fan love. 


Some ABC cross promotion when Will and Peter have the first confrontation and Will says Peter should have gone on "Shark Tank" since he only "wanted to promote his business."


Casey yells that if it was not "about Peter and Pizza" it never came out of Peter's mouth.

Will tells Peter to tell his sister to stay out of his DMs. There are accusations that Will has been slandering Peter via reviews of his pizzeria "Pizza tasted like it was drenched in pool water" which definitely seems related to Will. A (I am guessing fake) process server comes out to serve Will with a suit which Peter says is an example of what will happen to Will "in real life...Rest in Pizza!"

 Pardeep says more to Ryan calling him out for wanting to be viral and carrying notes into the house than he said in 2 episodes on the show. Just in case you forgot this is Pardeep: 

Martin says he lied to Michelle because he felt disrespected. Martin is accused of having a girlfriend throughout his time on the show. 

Olu to Chris S "Don't you ever say I have a low IQ, you are looking at Black Excellence here...I have a whole Masters degree." Olu tells Chris to look him in his eye but that will not happen. 

OH NO "JUDGE STEVE HARVEY"? We are giving Steve Harvey a 'court' show. 

Jamie comes out to a completely silent crowd and some scowls from the ladies seated right behind him. After the recap of Jamie's time on the show is played the crowd is hissing.


You can tell the show really wants Jamie to get hammered because he gets the rare hot seat that extends through a commercial break. The guys lecture Jamie and he equivocates with all his answers. Jamie is accused by PJ of "lying by omission." 

Rick gets some time on the hot seat - he and Rodney are two gimmick guys that probably went further than most would expect just based on their initial introductions.


A covered platter is rolled out and it is a cake replica of Rick's head and the ladies instruct him to take a bit and he takes a massive bite out of the top of the head.

 

Just before it is Rodney's time in the hot seat we get another example of why it has sometimes been problematic having Tayshia and Kaitlyn as hosts,


some of the energy of the show is sucked up by their personalities and dealing with their lives, we get the public reveal of Tayshia and Zak being broken up leading to this awkward transition from Kaitlyn "from one broken heart to another" and Rodney when he makes it to the hot seat says "sorry to hear about that" to Tayshia. Look I do not miss Chris Harrison even a a little bit but the good thing about his blandness was that he was a steward to the show not really a part of the show, he had a divorce during the time of his hosting and it was not a part of the show. So as Rodney gets settled in his seat Tayshia gets up and walks away the best is Kaitlyn trying to show concern on her face as Tayshia is walking away.  Minus the Tayshia drama Rodney has a pleasant hot seat. 

We come back from commercial and Tayshia is beaming to welcome us back, sigh, there was no chance she didn't know the question re her breakup was coming and it just feels so contrived. 

Time for some fun recaps including the guys sculpting 90lb blocks of butter and while everyone is laughing the Jamaican in me is screaming "UNUU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE BUTTER IS AND YUH AGO WASTE IT PON DEM UNTALENTED BRETHREN?"


Shockingly some of the sculptures were actually decent with Nayte's the best (so finally he beat Joe in something). After a clip of Rodney making a ridiculously lucky basketball shot

we get a clearly faked streaker since the show's security let him completely disrobe while saying in falsetto "We love you Rodney" repeatedly, then the streaker gets to parade in front of the guys, the crowd and the hosts before security finally shows up...the same security that is on the stage in a flash if guys look like they are going to fight waited until someone literally took off layers and made it down stairs and jogged around to shake his little bits before apprehending, at least if you are going to insult our intelligence try to make it look real? At least realer than Kaitlyn trying to react to it. 

I as is my wont kept my head down so I did not see who the ladies on Clayton's previews were when it came to the drama but I admit it was tough to not look up when Clayton confesses "I was intimate with both of you" if the show showed who he was talking to that is a big spoiler for the season! 


Michelle comes out and many of the guys say quick bites to Michelle, Jamie of course gives a long winded speech which opens him up for Michelle to smack him down and the crowd cheers her on for it. Jamie might truly be a psychopath and I am intrigued by his inability to give a straight answer, Jamie finally sees that his slash and burn strategy is failing so he gives an apology to Michelle and the guys and finally gets his first applause of the show. 


The Bloopers had me chuckling especially as Michelle's highly competitive side comes out to the point that she fell off a chair trying to catch food in her mouth. 


After Pater gets some promotion by providing Pizza for the cast he and Will "bury the hatchet bro" and hug it out. 


Some of these guys like Pardeep are sneakily tall. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.