Infrequently updated consistently funny

Sunday, September 10, 2017

A black bachelorette and the world still stands 2 episodes in!



This might be the latest I have gotten to a season of the show, but come on it is a Black Bachelorette I am not going to give up on this season. So no matter how long it takes I am going to finish this show.
It is still so weird seeing this many brown peeps on a Bachelor-franchise show.
Lucas is already the enemy to many of the guys and apparently has a long simmering tension with Blake.
The guys get to meet Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis and they are as raunchily fun as you remember. The guys have to do a ‘Daddy material’ challenge, first pretend to change a baby, then attach a baby bjorn and run with the baby to then vacuum a strip, then get to a clogged sink to pull fake hair, then find a ring that fell into a filled sink, then set a table, then get a bouquet and run it back to Rachel. Lucas cheats to win, including throwing a stiff arm to Kenny King (kid you are crazy to do that to a wrestler) and tried to get Ashton to do his foolish “whaboom” sound to which Ashton deservedly passes and looks at him with disdain. Back to the stiff arm, Kenny looked like he was two steps away from putting Lucas 6 feet under.
Dean gets the date rose and a kiss that surprises Rachel.
Peter gets the first one on one and Rachel is flying with him to Palm Springs, she then tries to trick him that the date is not going to be a one on one but instead a 2 on 1 turns out to be her dog (which I predicted but had the advantage of seeing Copper with Rachel enough to guess that would be the second ‘person.’ They go to a ‘Bark Fest’ a goofy dog centric pool party, Peter easily impresses Rachel.
Back at the hotel a group date card shows up and the only phrase on it is ‘Swish’ and the black guys react a lot more excitedly than the white guys…
Back to La Quinta (yes this blog is personal so let me just say, I loved staying in that resort) and the one on one. They talk about their big incisors and tooth-gaps they swap ‘power stories’ about it, I didn’t notice gaps on either of them until they mentioned it. He gets the date rose and a kiss.
I should not be this tired but I am struggling to stay awake during this episode, it better pickup.
Group date time and Kareem Abdul-Jabar shows up to help coach…I think. Kareem tries to associate basketball with love, it was a tortured analogy. Anyway the part that matters, the guys are going to play against each other infront of a crowd. These guys are laying bricks like crazy, even after doing shimmies and stylin’. Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Safe to say…I fell asleep all of those ‘Ks’ there were 11 pages of them! Hahahah during the game! I didn’t even make it to half time. So I had to restart and got to see Demario dominate the game, but then his team lost…but that will not be his only L tonight. Rachel is doing a meet and greet with fans after the game and one fan Lexi lingers to meet her last (sure, nothing staged here). Lexi tells Rachel that up until she saw Demario on the ‘After the final Rose’ she thought she was dating him. Demario is hanging out with the fellows after the game and Rachel comes in to the locker room to get him, he and the others think this is going to a “hey you get the game day rose” or an “Hey you were the MVP” type of thing. But instead, he gets to meet his ex/current/smash buddy girl, and it ends with Rachel telling him to “get the [bleep] out.” She is so annoyed/crying that she avoids Obvious Man Chris Harrison and the producers and runs into the bathroom. She eventually tells the remaining guys to make sure to just be there for her.
One by one the guys use the disappearance of Demario to step up; Josiah telling Rachel that he was disgusted by it gets to make out with her.
During the cocktail party portion as Rachel is talking to all of the suitors DeMario shows up on the outside of the property so security gets OMCH who goes and gets Rachel and tells her that the option is there for her to talk to him, so of course she goes to talk to him: The guys hearing that DeMario is outside rise en masse to go and confront him and we get the dreaded “to be continued.”

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.