Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Bachelorette recap or life cannot always be 'Eazy'

 

Keep in mind that the guys added to Tayshia’s ‘squad’ were probably picked out for Clare…these YOUNG kids were supposed to be on Clare’s season!

We start with Tayshia welcoming in JoJo for breakfast and Jojo does not even pretend - she lets us know how HOT IT IS, the show keeps pretending like Palm Spring is not furnace level hot in summer. Turns out that as Chris Harrison steps away (since he is doing a real world moment I will use his real world name) to take his kid to college Jojo will step into his shoes.


Zac gets the first One on One:

Friends tell me Zac is good looking, I just do not see it, and I am usually pretty fair, I can say if a man looks good, but Zac (maybe it’s the voice and the vacant expressions) just seems plain to me. Zac dresses like he is going to the barber and then Tayshia tells us that they are “going to play dress up” so I gotta think the show/producers told him to dress down.
Zac and Tayshia are going to do a wedding photo shoot and Franco Lacosta shows up and is full Johnny Blaze; every stereotype of the creative director/photographer is on display it is like the show said do not give us some of the sauce POUR THE WHOLE TUB! 


 

Tayshia was all giggly and girly until it is time to get dressed and now she starts to freak out. ‘The Black Tux’ gets their promo shout out.

Looking at Zac’s outfit choice for the ‘wedding’ I start to think that maybe the producers did not tell him to dress down; he just does not know how to dress himself. His terribly crooked collar is nagging me.

Maybe my problem with Zac’s look is that he lacks swag, he clearly works out, he should rock those clothes like a champ, rather than looking like a teenager who is struggling to ‘find his look.’

Tayshia is nervous to tell Zac that she was previously married but no need, turns out he was too.

As I have stated before, every Tayshia dress is a ‘boob dress’ and her evening outfit is no different, I feel like the most impressive thing about this dinner is that Zac appears to be looking only in Tayshia’s eyes. Sigh, just as I texted my friend “Bro I think Zac might have had some brain damage” he reveals that he literally had brain surgery when he was around 23 and in ‘recovery’ fell into drugs, drinking, got a DUI, divorced and his life went into a dark place.  Zac’s rock bottom was trying to cash a cheque he stole from his dad. After that ‘sob story’ Zac cannot be sent home on this date.

Back to the house and it is the tension with Noah and Bennett that gets featured.

Zac gets the date rose. Showing off how large La Quinta is the date ends at a mini-carnival complete with a Ferris wheel.

Group Date time:

The guys walk in and see naked models being painted.

Some of the guys like Demar and Blake are worried about having to get naked, Blake “This is the third time I am going to be naked…and I am not down with this.” Luckily for the guys they just have to sketch the models. As they present their terrible sketches Bennett says he “drew in some background noise because there is always some drama floating around” and stares at Noah, Tayshia did not seem happy to hear that.


Because Bennett is sitting beside Tayshia we keep getting glares from Noah, but because I do not trust this show at all I do not know for sure if Noah is actually staring at them. The next exercise is to be blind folded and to mold clay, while Tayshia is blindfolded Bennett sneaks a kiss - “A little 50 shades of Clay if you will.” Blake fashions a clay penis, “yeah it is what you think it is” and Bennett claims to have fashioned his multiple homes claiming that “three homes was enough for now” so he left room for the Chateau in France…or something I kind of zoned out.

The final exercise is to do a self portrait and Ben decides to take it up a notch as he stares at a blank canvas. Some of the guys have fashioned some thoughtful ‘portraits’ even though they are things like jigsaws, needle point, ying and yang  drawings and turtle dove paintings.

We get to Ben (conveniently last) and he holds up a crude sketch of himself covered with hearts on the frame, he then says “You know what I forgot something” and he walks behind the curtain and comes back in a robe (that just happens to be available) and strips down nude to show ‘his vulnerability.’ Tayshia takes some time at the end of the displays and goes to cry behind the scenes “This is what happens when you start dating real men!”

Tayshia says she cannot choose just one person so she is going to hang out with all of them in the night portion.

Evening Portion: and Tayshia’s under boob is saying hello!

Eazy’s solo date card “hope you are not scared of falling in love”

Back to the guys and Demar points out the elephant in the room “One of us is going home, one of us ten guys is going home”  sigh that makes me realize how little opportunity Tayshia got, it was so quickly down to 12 guys.

Ben reveals that for ten years he had bulimia because at 15 he found out “that girls do not like the fat kid” so this led him to be in health and nutrition for his career.

Ben gets the group date rose but Tayshia then adds that she knows something is going on with Bennett and Noah and she is going to get to the bottom of it.

Eazy Featured: Does this mean the show cleared him or they figured “screw it we already have it in the can”?

The date starts with Tayshia scaring Eazy remember the date card - “scared of falling in love.”  Tayshia and Eazy are going ghost hunting, the show really wants to get its ‘Blair Witch Project’ on as Eazy and Tayshia hunt for the ghost of the former property owner. They enter a supposedly haunted room carrying ghost hunting equipment and of course they keep screaming at every little sound.

At dinner Eazy drops the Love bomb “I honestly feel like I am falling in love with you.” While Tayshia is talking to Eazy I spy her chesticles. The guys at the house all think Eazy is coming back because they think he and Tayshia have the most chemistry. While Eazy is talking and telling Tayshia how much he loves her Tayshia’s face is looking blank and the voice that was inside my head saying “Nooooo it is too soon” starts screaming “BRUHHHHH TOLD YOU!” Tayshia tells Eazy that she does not want to break his heart later in the process when she is unsure she can reciprocate his feelings so she is just going to let him go now. As he is being walked out Eazy and Tayshia have this exchange, “Tayshia this is real?” “Yeah” “You sure?” “I am” Check out the smile on Tayshia's face as she dumps Eazy




Look, you like who you like but beyond Eazy telling Tayshia about his feelings too quickly I also think about all the types of guys we have seen Tayshia fall for over the years and over the course of this season and I would shade it to a look that does not help Eazy…

JoJo comes in to talk to the guys and tells the assembled guys that there will not be a cocktail party right away, “Tayshia is still concerned about the tension between…Bennett and Noah.” So before the main cocktail party we get a 2 on 1 for Bennett and Noah!

1x1:

At the start of their one on one Bennett brings Noah a gift then asks if Noah wants to open it or would he prefer that Bennett opens it and explains it. Bennett opens the box, the 1st gift is a red bandanna to symbolize “ that there is no bad blood between us” the 2nd is a pair of socks with mustaches on them “I was wearing your gift the other day since then it has been washed…the only place you should wear a mustache is on your feet” 3rd “the more serious one” is a book on emotional intelligence Bennett says “I think you are deficient in 3 of those 4” areas of emotional intelligence. Noah calls the gifts fake gifts.

Seriously as Noah reminds us he is 25 how could he ever been on Clare’s season?

Tayshia finally comes in after the producers let the guys bicker. Tayshia says she likes both guys but is over “the pettiness of it” and then the guys start to argue literally over Tayshia as she sits in between them. Tayshia then says “What’s in the box?” and we get the dreaded “to be continued.” Bennett why would you bring the box on the date? Let’s say the gift is a 100% genuine why not give it to him earlier, do not let the producers trick you into building drama, you are too old for that!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.