Lil Wayne leads Grammy noms with 8, Coldplay 7 - Yahoo! News
I loved the Carter III glad to hear that the academy seems to have liked it too. I know many of you were probably really tired of hearing Wayne songs on the radio, but trust me listen to the whole album, the thing is Fire.
I also like the nod to Ne-Yo for Album of the year. Of course Leona Lewis and M.I.A. got noms for their tracks, I do not even have to list which of their songs they were nominated for, since they are clearly only going to be nominated for the tracks that you heard every day on your radio.
This paragraph amused me: "Some surprising omissions: , who had one of the year's biggest hits with "I Kissed a Girl," was shut out of the top categories, including record of the year and best new artist." -Really? So many peeps I know hated that song, just because something is catchy does not make it good, if you doubt me, go punch in Britney's 'Womanizer' into your mp3 player. I hate that song, but damn is it catchy!
Kanye 'only' had six nominations, they might want to pat him down when he enters the hall at the awards!
I think Estelle might bitch slap someone if Adele ends up winning more awards than she does...for my money Estelle is the much better artist and I suspect the better fighter too! Oh who am I kidding, no need to be PC, Adele is bloody over-rated!
Let me throw in a plug here for SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, I watched it loved it, and now want you to see it!
Infrequently updated consistently funny
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- Holland Township man names son after Adolf Hitler ...
- Chilean cardinal: Madonna rouses 'impure thoughts'...
- BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WWII
- Teacher sorry for binding girls in slavery lesson ...
- A millie, a millie: Lil Wayne leads Grammy noms wi...
- A funny take on Prop 8!
- Roman Polanski requests dismissal of sex charge - ...
- ▼ December (7)
- ► 2007 (245)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.