Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Bachelorette Election preempted recap or how Clare is handled.

 

So tonight was supposed to be the country dividing over the most important choice of the last few years – Team Clare or Team Tayshia?

  But then this election thingy got in the way with Americans deciding things like saving democracy; protecting reproductive rights; equal access to justice; safety in our homes; and, making sure there is not civil war…you know the little things. I like most immigrants of colour voted weeks ago and we are all now in the "Come on white people do not let us down" phase.

  Most of us have gone through the various iterations of "come on" with the "C'mon man" 


the "Come on…Man" 


the "COME ON MAN!" 


and the "Come on man?" 


when thinking about how this election might go with a certain segment of the population.

  So let's for the fun of it do a Lazy Man's non-exhaustive rundown of times the Bach/franchise Producers failed Clare (or helped us?).

  Starting with the Producers letting us hear Juan Pablo so cruelly insult Clare when she was on his season the rumoured line was "I love f—ing you, but I don’t know you"  (we should probably some day have a deeper dive into how this show crafted their [at the time] only non-white lead into a villain when you can see his behavior was not much different from other Bachelors before and since).

  Then we have Clare apparently talking to a raccoon which was clearly a producer edit but I cannot lie, I enjoyed it

  


  We have the show choosing to constantly harp on her age.

  But let's factor her age, the show tells us that we have a near 40 Bachelorette then casts a tonne of 20-something year olds? Most of the Bachelor leads in their 20s have been absolute morons, and even the ones in their 30s have been iffy, casting 20ish year olds feels like a decision designed to cause chaos.

  The producers have chosen to leave in Clare's constant moaning about the other guys not named Dale!

They have left in her desires to cut short time with the other guys not named Dale!

  Clare is claiming that the Producers are the ones who orchestrated the Strip Dodgeball game, but they sure made it look like she did.

  The increased scrutiny on the actual time the call to the Tayshia bullpen occurred does not make it seem like there was any plan to keep Clare in place for a long time (the guys they chose to cast seem to make this theory seem correct).

Finally having Tayshia emerge out of the pool ala Phoebe Cates in the 'Bachelorette presents Fast Times at La Quinta High' did Clare no favors by comparison when the trailer featured Clare crying and the men revolting.

  This is not to let Clare off the hook, she has been on this show too many times to fall for this many tricks, and have you heard, she is a grown woman of 39?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.