Infrequently updated consistently funny

Friday, November 06, 2020

Bachelorette Recap or is it Bachelorettes?

 

Much of this week felt like we are all the Count from Sesame Street as we all stare at screens and watch numbers tick up and down as we also reinforce our geography lessons of the 50 states. 


So now tonight's show is brought to you by the letter E, E is for Escapism. 


 

The fact that OMCH via social media warned people to record the extra hour of shows behind the Bachelorette leads my conspiracy (when it comes to commerce) mind to start thinking that A. ABC never thought we would still be dealing with election results when they shifted the show to Thursday B. They realized what a gold mine they might have here in forcing people to record the hour following the show which might get some new eyes on 'The Good Doctor' and, C. even if people do not actually watch 'The Good Doctor' ABC will still get to claim the 'time shift' viewing ratings.

The show opens with the post mortem of the guys who were on the group date that Clare ended by not giving anyone a rose (except herself in an ITM). Cut to Clare writing in her journal and then doing an ITM where she wonders about the fine line between respecting the process and doing what is best for you.

OMCH shows up to Clare's suite, after pulling up a chair to her couch (remember this moment) he says "We need to talk" 


told you that Obvious Man title, is his forever. OMCH tells Clare "the path they are currently on cannot continue." Clare admits that she is "head over heels for Dale."

Clare admits to cyber sleuthing the guys while the Pandemic halted filming. Clare swears on her Dad's grave that she and Dale had zero contact before the show.

OMCH asks what to me is a creepy question "You have spent your whole life looking for a man like your dad; is Dale that man?" Clare says "Yes…I have waited so long for this."

The show is clearly broken now, so OMCH asks Clare what she wants to do, and Clare wants to spend as much time as possible with Dale and no one else. OMCH – "Congratulations, you have just blown up the Bachelorette." 

As the guys are prepping and sharing how they feel about the upcoming cocktail party, OMCH comes in to tell them there will not be a cocktail party …build up…then…"there will not be a rose ceremony tonight…I will see you guys tomorrow." Then OMCH pulls Dale aside to tell him that Clare wants to spend time with him tonight, cut back inside to Blake giving a pep talk to the other guys saying that "Clare hasn't picked her guy yet" and "there are plenty of good guys in here" I hope he doesn't make other predictions in his Wildlife Manager job "There is no reason for us to worry about that bear in the distance, that bear is not hungry." 

Blake's ability to predict: 



For her dinner date with Dale, Clare comes out in a sparkling cleavage promoting backless red dress, this is the dress you wear when you are about to LOCK IT DOWN.

I will say this, Clare is not afraid of the 'coming on too strong' vibe. Clare tells a story that I am sure is supposed to be sweet but it creeps me out, her dad met her mom and then 3 weeks later hitchhiked to go propose to her after ONE meeting? I may be a bit off on the story because it broke my brain.

We get to see the difference between when you already like someone and when someone is just not on your radar; Dale's answer as to why he liked Clare is barely better than the moron who she sent home earlier for basically saying "because you are hot."

Back to the guys and we find out that after OMCH pulled Dale from the group neither of them went back in to talk to the guys. Poor Blake is still in denial, he cannot believe that Clare would already have chosen Dale and "ixnaying 16 guys already…it's, it's TOO EARLY!"

Dale tells Clare that he is falling in love with her and Clare is smitten, she gives a shout out "to anyone that ever told me to settle." This week's performers that 'most people have never heard of'' are actually people I have heard of it is Chris and Bri who won 'The Bachelor presents listen to your heart' and they remain just as super talented as they were on the show – is it bad that I care more about Chris and Bri working out than Dale and Clare? Chris and Bri's song ends with "I found true love" as we see Clare and Dale making out on the bed.

In the morning we see Clare's dress and Dale's shirt crumpled on the floor leading us to see Clare cuddling with a shirtless Dale in the bed and in her ITM Clare is wearing a robe and lingerie.

Normally the show does not like us to be able to follow the passage of time but in this situation they let us know via the guys that they have not seen Dale for 18 hours.

OMCH shows up and asks Clare "Sooooo how was last night?" And Clare says "that when the cameras turned off and we got our alone time…he was even better than I expected."

This show is really trying to push Clare out and push this relationship to the brink, OMCH tells Clare that the proposal has to be that night…but WHY? Do not forget that OMCH is a producer on this show, he may act like a friend to these contestants and he might truly become friendly with them, but that man still wants to protect his commas.


Clare now has to go and tell the guys that she is leaving them. I am an 'emotional coward' so I felt a bit of second hand embarrassment and empathy for Clare having to tell a bunch of people who are there to try to get with her, that she is "peacing out." Clare tells them that she found what she came for and "it is with Dale." The guys look stupefied. Blake starts to stroke his beard which is something I do when I am analyzing news that I cannot initially comprehend or when I want to slow myself down from blowing my top as if the physical act of pulling on my face will keep my head together.

Clare is asked if she was talking to Dale before the show (expected question). Tattoo guy tells Clare that she should apologize to the group, he is insistent on it, Clare says "I am not going to apologize for love." I think it shows how much the guys are over Clare that no one tells Tatts that he should not demand an apology from Clare "not for falling in love, but for wasting our time."
The guys take it pretty well that Clare is done with them while she is in the room…again they are over her…but once she leaves they let out their real feelings.

OMCH face times Neil Lane so that he can get an ugly ring "TODAY!" Cut to Dale in an ITM saying "there is no stress no pressure, just exploring where this goes" but I think this is a production trick, Dale is in his light blue undershirt, then OMCH shows up at his door and he is in a white polo. OMCH tells Dale that Clare has broken up with the other guys and is expecting a proposal, cut to the house and the guys thinking it would be crazy for Dale to propose but Joe says "if it wasn't 2020" he would say it could not happen, but put nothing past this year.

Back to Clare's suite and Clare is freaking out, she is now worrying that Dale might not propose. Every time OMCH pushes the chair over to the couch I wonder why they do not just leave the chair there, do they really need the drama of the "let me move this and lean in"?

Clare is in a stunning white dress (another backless creation) for her hoped for proposal, as she stands waiting for Dale, OMCH walks up and says he needs to talk to her which of course panics Clare but OMCH just wants to say "I am so proud of you." Dale walks up in a more formal outfit than he has ever worn on the show, and pants that actually meet his shoes with a break.

Some blah, blah, blah and then Dale drops to his knees and breaks out a gaudy ring (Neil Lane at his 'best'), that Clare does not hide her thirst for "put that ring on my finger, I have waited a lot of years for this." Dale gets the final rose…of Clare's season?


Next morning the guys are packing up and saying how bummed they are and Jay (or is it Zack C, I honestly cannot tell)


says "feels like there is more love to give and more love to be received" the camera loves him for his exposition. Jay/Zack seems more concerned about the feelings of the other guys than his own.

OMCH tells the guys that there journey is not over if they do not want it to be, he tells them to examine their feelings for Clare to see if they want to stay; one of the Chasen/Jason combos asks OMCH how long they have to make a decision, OMCH tells them they have to be ready for that night to be dressed and ready to go forward or go home. Many of the guys 'pretend' that the decision will be tough. 

They should have just shown them the promo trailer 


 

Evening:

Many of the guys wonder if all 16 of them will remain on the show, Blake and Jason are 2 that the others do not think will show up, but Blake shows up first and the guys continue to wonder if Jason will show…he does (of course he does). Clare was right, these guys are way too much into bro bonding, if I were on this show I might pretend I wanted to see everyone show up but really there is NO WAY I would want the competition, I would love all of them to leave, I am too emotionally lazy for the games.

OMCH comes in and plays up Tayshia's credentials but does not name her to the guys. 

Tayshia steps out of the limo in a sparkling dress (I learned some tips during the pandemic that sequin dresses help to hide problems that might occur over a long night). 


 

We now know it is official, because the closing credit's still has switched from Clare to Tayshia holding a rose.

The show ends with a glimpse of Clare and Dale's life together, the honeymoon glow is still there.

Guess the 'Good Doctor' is not as important as the Bachelorette it is preempted for ABC News!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.