Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Bachelorette recap or "That man is fried bologna sandwich with the mayonnnise all day"

 

I have decided some of what is happening with Clare and the Bachelorette is like what has happened with the fandom for the Harry Potter world, many fans just want JK Rowling to just remain in the world of the Potter books, and stop voicing opinions on Sexuality or producing 'Fantastic Beasts' they do not hate her, they are just disappointed in her…like with Clare.

I literally cannot see Clare on my screen without hearing "YOU ABOUT TO LOSE YO' JOB" 



And now I just did it to you…you are welcome "Is this [Dale] worth you losing your job, cause you about to."

My Closed Captions start with the words "uneasy music" I have been wondering if the show is going to start easing Eazy off of our screens.

Back to the La Quinta as the guys crowd around the couch of destiny as they wait for Tayshia's appearance and many of the guys are ecstatic. 


Tayshia claims that "if you had told me a week ago I would be standing here" she would not believe it, uhmm Tay-tay, you had to quarantine for 2 weeks, so if you didn't know by a week ago we need to figure out your cognitive dissonance.

Ivan is the first to pull Tayshia aside. Ivan claims that he is open to what is happening and says he was trending downward with Clare - all that might be true, or it could be completely made up, but it is the smart thing to say. 


 

One of the guys says "With your smile and your BIG-ASS eyes, which is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen" these compliments are different.

Blake snitches on the production timeline "I think I went through the wringer the last 8-9 days."

Jason trying to be honest tells Tayshia that he still has feelings for Clare and until 3pm he thought he might go home.

OMCH takes Tay-tay away before she meets some of the original 16 and tells her a new limo is pulling up.


My thoughts on the show diminishing Eazy's presence seems to be correct since we did not see him talk to Tayshia during the initial greeting and he has gone from a usual narrator as the show goes on to a background presence.

First out the Limo is Spencer, Spencer walks in and one of the first things he says to the waiting guys is "So which one of you guys scared off Clare?" The guys are not happy to hear that. Many of the Original guys 'OG' are not happy that Tay is meeting new guys before she gets to meet all of the OGs. If I had known that only 4 more new guys were coming in I would have paid better attention. One of the new black guys (Montel) wears a pastel jacket that I own.

Spencer is from San Diego and that might be why he seems familiar (not that I know him but his vibe of douche is something I recognize), he pulls Tay away first and the OGs think it is disrespectful.

OMCH brings out the first impression rose and the guys get a little more serious.

Zac gives Tay a coin so that they can both make wishes at the fountain and smoothly tells her that they have to promise eventually to share what their wishes are, this leaves her with a memory.

One of the guys has 10 siblings, we are still making those type of families? I say this as someone who has 24 uncles and aunts, it just is crazy to me in modern society.

Spencer gets the first impression rose – showing you why it is so hard to date here in SD. Spencer also gets the first kiss; I wonder if some of this beyond his attractiveness is the closeness of their hometowns, Tayshia is in Orange County just an hour to 2 hour drive from SD, Tayshia might be thinking long term and realizing that their ability to meet up will be easier than for instance the lawyer from New York who said during their one on one time that he is always busy.

Going into the commercial we get to see the Fast Times at La Quinta promo again. 


 

But coming back from the commercial instead of going back to Tayshia we get a sit down with Clare, Dale and OMCH. Dale claims it was love at first sight.

This does NOT feel like a couple that will last, but I could just be a cynic. Clare said the night before the interview she was pacing with anxiety and Dale showed up for her…I would probably be anxious of my decisions too if I got engaged in less than 2 weeks. I dated someone for 2 years and still could not pull the trigger, 2 weeks would give me mini heart attacks nightly.

OMCH asks whether Dale and Clare communicated by any means before the show, and they both swear up and down that they did not.

Clare clearly wants babies (timeline wise that makes sense) but Dale could not have sounded more "uhmm not yet" while pretending to be okay with it. 


 

I see the show passed on Clare's tiny journal to Tay.

Oh look Eazy gets to do an ITM maybe the show is okay with him…

The show finally gets to fully use their clip of Tayshia emerging glistening from the pool. There is a brief pool party before OMCH pulls a Bach trope and makes a competition happen – Splash Ball, but the guys have to switch to Speedos to play despite the fact that they are wearing headbands to differentiate the teams…so why the speedos?


But wait a minute, as Riley jumps out of the pool after 'accidentally' injuring Spencer he is wearing swim shorts…he is the only person wearing shorts. Riley's team loses to Spencer's but I bet he is relishing that shot to Spencer's lip that he got off.

Back to the main house Jason and XXX are discussing the fact that Jason is still struggling over his feelings for Clare, he fears getting the first one on one but Brendan gets it.

Back to the group date and Eazy gets the first bit of one on one time with Tay, I am really hoping the allegations against him are not true, not because I have any particular fondness for Eazy but because I would hope the show is not featuring someone who has credible allegations against them.


You can clearly see the difference in how these guys are interacting with Tayshia and how they interacted with Clare and it is much more positive. 

Riley is probably super accurate in his summing up of Spencer: 



Spencer is talking about the group date rose and someone I think Riley calls him out (I say think because I do not trust production and we do not see Riley saying it when the sound is heard -  "Spence I think I owe you for my cracked ribs" Spencer "I think we are even dude, if you need any more let me know" those are clearly fighting words but was the conversation actually related, because Spencer does NOT look like a guy that can fight, and that is a very brave thing to say in a room filled with guys ready to serve you. Kenny tells Spencer "Don’t take this the wrong way, you kind of come of like an [expletive]"

Riley straight up calls Spencer out "you are lunch meat" and Spencer does the 'I do not want to fight' but I do not want you to know 'I CANNOT fight' look away move while mumbling "okay."


Eazy gets the group date rose and makes me wonder if this is why he was featured again in the show, after the downplaying in the earlier act.

Back to the 'house' and Jason is self-eliminating because he still wants Clare, unlike Clare having Chris relay the news when something is awkward Jason goes to Tayshia and tells her himself.

For the one on one Brendan's date with Tayshia starts with Tayshia coming in on a horse and leading a second horse. Maybe it is the Zoologist in me, but I felt so bad for those horses, Palm Springs is scorching hot and they had these poor horses walking with the weight of the riders on pavement. OMCH meets up with the couple to give them 'Famous Harrison Margaritas' so they can ride and drink;


 OMCH then zips around on his scooter to surprise the couple with ice creams, then coconuts. Brendan is not happy to see OMCH each time he pops up because he is hoping to sneak a kiss. Tayshia in her ITM tells us she knows Brendan is staring at her lips, he finally makes the move as they relax in the pool…as someone who grew up with a pool…they really work…I started from humble beginnings, I promise.

Night Time:

Tay is wearing a stunning risqué black ensemble. Brendan tells us that he is nervous to tell Tay that he is a divorcee which I guess means he does not know Tay's history because she too is divorced and she too has worried about telling people about that. Tayshia has no problem with Brendan's history and the date ends with literal fireworks as Tay and Brendan make out. Tay tells us that she feels like she could marry Brendan.

Outtakes – One of the new guys Noah has a mustache that Bennett and Ed make fun of while we get to see Noah grooming the struggle 'stache.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.