Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Bachelorette recap or Is Harvard actually a good school?

 

We start with Tayshia walking in with a dress that I can only call a ‘Boob Dress’ then felt guilty and texted the team of ladies that I text with about this show to tell them my thoughts, like that will give me absolution.


Group Date:

Ashley (the crier) and Jared (Did they actually go through a 2 week quarantine for 10 minutes of TV?) are here to help create a competition looking for a ‘Grown Ass Man’ the loser will be named ‘Man child’


– Bennett boasts to us that he did well in school and “went to Harvard” he immediately starts to fumble simple math, which leads Ed to say that “Harvard needs to drop their tuition prices”  

this is before Bennett fails to spell limousine correctly dropping the ‘u’ in his spelling.

(By the way take note of the spelling behind Bennett)

 There is then a tug of war challenge that Bennett gets to avoid because of an old knee injury.

The next challenge is a breakfast in bed challenge; guys are trying as hard as possible to stand out. Chasen strips down to shirtless and claims to be the main course rather than making breakfast. Bennett makes up for the lack of intellectual prowess by creating a breakfast feast, putting on a robe and getting into bed with Tayshia.

Ed gets the Man child ‘award’ and acts with good humour when they present him with a  faux-baby to take care of. Bennet t turns it all around and wins the “Grown Ass Man Diploma” award, in accepting his award Bennett kisses Tayshia which Chasen says is classless because Bennett is wearing just a robe…completely forgetting he was shirtless earlier I guess. 


 Ashley sneezes without covering her mouth and her answer is "I'm sorry I was tested" did the Covid test remove your ability to be a decent human? 

Evening portion and Bennett is still wearing the robe;

The guys are not happy that Bennett won and that he brought his ‘GAM Diploma’ Chasen says it is not a good look to go to a cocktail party wearing a robe, Chasen is wearing a t-shirt. Bennett tries to take Tayshia away first BUT she says she would like to say hi to everyone first, then Chasen swoops and takes Tayshia away.

Side note, ED absolutely looks better with his glasses than without.


The energy with Tayshia and the guys is so much better than with Claire because Tayshia is at least willing to get to know all of the guys…and the make out sessions increase.

Bennett tries to call out Chasen and throws Ed in as someone questioning Chasen, and Chasen takes the bait and tries to mock Ed for having chicken legs and holding the baby…Chasen also tells us that his nickname is ‘Wolverine’, sigh another bad reflection of my city.

The majority of the white guys use sporting a five-o-clock shadow as a fashion statement – I know I am supposed to call it “designer stubble” but eh.

Ed tells Tayshia that Chasen is “here for instagram followers.”

Time for awarding of the group date rose and Tayshia picks it up and calls Ben’s name to list all his good qualities then awards it to Ivan, THE SWERVE, Ben’s face looked like a kid who thought he was receiving an ice cream cone but was handed a carrot stick.Ben some of this might be due to your V-neck looking more like a U-Neck, swap out that shirt bro.

Cocktail Party:

Remember these? Clare doesn’t. Before the ‘event’ starts Chasen warns the guys to not talk about him; because his words for Tayshia are “she is a smoke show.”

Tayshia is making up for all the lack of kissing from Claire’s episodes.

I am not sure Ed is doing the right move bringing up Chasen again to Tayshia, it might work short term but you do not want to be the tattle tale guy.

Tayshia immediately pulls Chasen aside - I have shorts that show less leg than Chasen’s suits.  Chasen immediately admits that he got in Ed’s face and this shocked me, because I am so used to guys on this show lying or trying to hide the truth. Chasen then pulls Ed to the side to discuss his situation with him and it is an exposed ankles fest.

Zac C and Kenny think it is their place to break up the confrontation but really there is nothing much to it.

In his conversation with Tayshia  Zac puts his foot on the coffee table in a man spread that bugged me, it felt forced and awkward…like their kiss.

Rose ceremony:

And basically it features how little time we got to spend with any of the other guys as the Chasen and Ed drama unfolded. Of course production puts Ed and Chasen side by side as they await roses, Ed gets the second to last rose and then the heavy sigh from Chasen as he waits for one, but really there is ZERO drama here, all the promos showed Ed and Chasen in the competition still to come later in the show - Just like production slipping up and showing us the magnets on the roses that helps to ‘pin’ the roses to the lapels.


Definitely a “let’s ease out Easy” edit; he was only seen in far away shots.

Noah with his terrible mustache looks like a kid wearing his dad’s suit, it is ill fitting but he feels so proud in it.

Our first clean image of Eazy is when he is the first name called for the next group date.

Group Date:

“I am looking for my perfect match” and some of the guys surmise that it might be a wrestling match…which makes them immediately think that Ed and Chasen will be matched up…these guys might be smarter than I give them credit for.

So the La Quinta’s conference room is now converted into a wrestling arena…I am so impressed by what the show has been able to do to conform this conference room for each week to week activity. Tayshia claims that she “sensed tension at the rose ceremony last night” so she decided this would be a good way to let it out – EXCEPT Amy Dumas (SHOUT OUT TO THE NAME BRAND, and a WWE wrestler I loved) and Tatiana Suarez a UFC fighter did not just happen to show up the next day because of what happened the night before, sans mask. 

 The guys have to work on their trash talk 



The guys have to fight in a makeshift competition to win Tayshia, and Chris Harrison and Wells Adams will be the commentators, the Bach franchise is going all the way through their alumni rolodex for this season I see. Tayshia gets to oil up the guys for their match-ups.


During the Jordan vs Brendan match as Jordan goes for the mount Tayshia breathes out “Oh my gosh his balls are in his face” not sure if that was jealousy.

Just before his matchup with Chasen, Ed pulls OMCH aside to say that he has chronically injured shoulders (I actually have that issue too so it could be legit). OMCH asks the crowd if anyone wants to take Ed’s place due to his forfeit “and fight for Tayshia’s heart” Noah who was only supposed to be a spectator jumps the fence in jeans and dress shirt to enter the tourney, Noah gets his chest oiled up, and oils his ‘stache…he gives Chasen a hell of a fight and for his ‘boldness’ gets rewarded and allowed to stay on the group date which of course ticks off the guys who actually trained for this…I know they are mad at Noah BUT , really they should be mad at Ed, if he had from the start said he was not going to fight then there would not have been room for Noah to jump in.

Further proving the wrestling was not a spur of the moment thing; a legit championship belt is presented to Chasen, as someone who follows wrestling I know those things are not the easiest thing to get last second.

Evening portion:

Noah is the first to take Tayshia away from the group. Ben tells us he has a plan to wait till the end of the night so that he can close the night with a drink and Tayshia, seems like a risky plan bro.

Tayshia raises the issue of Noah’s mustache to him and he immediately with zero fight offers to shave it off.  In his ITM Noah tells us that the mustache is a huge part of his life. Noah went off to get his gear and then comes back to interrupt Jordan C’s time with her. Tayshia shaves Noah’s mustache off and then kisses him.

Tayshia goes back to the group to award the group date rose and Ben asks if they can go and talk before she addresses the group, Tayshia heavy sighs and says “Ben…the night is over” and tells him he should have come and found her, how did that plan workout bro? Noah gets the group date rose and Tayshia asks the guys “doesn’t he look good guys?” None of the guys respond in the affirmative and there are some sullen headshakes.


 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.