Infrequently updated consistently funny

Saturday, November 06, 2021

Bachelorette recap or an infomercial for Top Gun 2

 I have a 16 year old staying with me so like many a 'parent' I no longer feel comfortable just watching any ole thing while impressionable eyes can view it also I may have gone to Hawaii and well tropics over Bach it is not that hard a set of math...even the guys from last week could figure that out. 

This might be the latest I have ever gotten to an episode that I bother watching and not have it spoiled. 

Guys are concerned that Michelle might be losing faith Casey (age 36) "it seems like there is a rat in our midst." Jamie wearing a shirt with a stripe of kente cloth continues to pretend that he does not know who had the conversation with Michelle about Joe. 


"I want a man who isn't afraid of the danger zone" thus says the new date card. Oh and hey did you know Top Gun 2 is coming out soon? 

Michelle is going to be doing the date with Jay Ellis and Glen Powell


who Peter pretends to really love (I think any celebrity would have gotten that reaction from him)


The guys get Call sign nicknames and get to run through some drills, like Frosty Tips, Frosty for short for Martin and Dough Boy for Peter the Pizza man. 


The guys have to get in a G-force simulator while telling Michelle what they feel about her, as someone who gets motion sickness, she would not want to hear what I would say about her while spinning. Then there is a jousting challenge with Clayton first going against Nayte, this is not a fair fight and Clayton murks Nayte. Peter vs Will is even more of a crushing blow (I could not resist) and Will embarrasses Peter.


Will aka Little Willy wins the overall date challenge and gets a bomber jacket and a drive in the "vintage car from Top gun Maverick" that he can only reply "wow" to as he pretends that this car he has never seen before is important to him. 

Evening Date

Clayton decides to give Michelle a taste of the simulator in his alone time with her.


Lots of chill conversations with Michelle and lots of kisses so you know it has to go off a cliff. Cut to Peter and Will jawing at each other while guys like Martin, Olu and Nayte look on uncomfortably. 

Back to hotel, Rodney gets the next one on one date card while a frosted tip guy tells us he does not think Rodney gets out of the friend zone with Michelle, as a drafter of Rodney, here is hoping he is wrong. 

Back to date, I like that Michelle is unafraid to kiss the men and does not make doing so a big deal. 

Do guys with glasses often lift them up awkwardly for kissing? 


Peter picks up the jacket Will won and the other guys are saying "no Peter" or "why bro?" as Peter takes the jacket and walks off. He walks back to the group and they ask him where the jacket is and Peter tells them he threw it in the pool because he wanted Will "to feel disrespected" like he claims to have been.


Will comes back to the group after his time with Michelle and he finds out the jacket was thrown in the pool and he is understandably upset. Peter tries to act like his throwing the jacket in the pool was not a blatant move that could damage the whole date.

The guys are begging Will to not let Michelle know while the night is ongoing. Martin wins the date rose and gets a dance with Michelle while a string quartet plays "Take my Breath Away" hey did you know Top Gun maverick is coming out soon? We go to commercial with Will fishing his jacket out of the pool.

If I did not know about the bad tweet history with Will I might feel some empathy here. 

One on one Date:

Rodney is shown grooming, then rolling a suitcase to the wall that looks like it is clearly empty. 
Rodney gets a night date; have y'all noticed that a lot of the ethnic dates do not seem to have a day time portion? 

Michelle is blind folded as Rodney feeds her items to guess: French fries, pizza, etc. Michelle while blindfolded tries to spray whip cream on Rodney's face. They have to be handcuffed and search boxes for a key. Continuing the shows trend of forcing nudity onto people, one of them has to strip down naked and streak,


this is gauche, and as Rodney streaks Kaithlyn and Tashia spy on him

and many of the guys come out. 

Sounds like Frosted tips was wrong, Michelle says "today Rodney kept chipping away at the friendship zone and got to the relationship zone" as we see them kissing.

A group date card arrives and Jamie is uber confident "at the end of my journey I know I get the girl." 

Back to the date and Rodney has to row Michelle over to dinner and I am mildly surprised he was competent at it. 


Rodney's 'sob story' - single mom, dad left at 6, struggles while mom raised 2 sons. 

Michelle gets asked by Rodney why her last relationship ended and she brings up something that many people of color will understand, her partner of a different color could not show the empathy that Michelle needed when a white woman called her the N-word in a store. 

Playing off Rodney's inability to tell apples apart Michelle "apple-lutely" wants Rodney to have the date rose and Rodney apple-lutely" accepts the rose. 

Group Date

Jamie thinks the guys will feel pressure being on the date with him. 

Rudy Francisco given a spoken word poem as the group walks in causes Chris G to become giddy, he says Rudy is the reason he got into spoken word., Chris G has his hands over his mouth and is in shock. 


Of course the guys have to write a poem and perform it before the other guys. I will say this, the poems were not half bad and dare I say they were good when you factor in the time constraints. 
Jamie claims to have lost his book so he will freestyle and he tells a story about a girl who is lost on a path...

Michelle's poem gets a standing ovation from the men. 


Night Portion

Michelle and Brandon have an aggressive kiss. Lots of voice over with Jamie telling us that he is a lock for the rose. 

Brandon gets the group date rose, his second and this causes Jamie to pull a producer to the side "we need to talk" and he rants that he thinks Michelle "is in spring break mode" and that the shows "nation wide search" failed in finding quality men to compete with him.


 

Cocktail Party

Rick decides to assure Michelle that all the guys are here for her and she goes "I guess I was surprised that it was Jamie that brought that conversation to me", Rick is stunned that Jamie was the one "who threw other guys under the bus." 

Some of the guys decide to confront Jamie about his actions. Jamie stutters his way through trying to explain to the guys that he told Michelle that "the speculation created a character in the room." Nayte calls Jamie out for worrying about "the viewers" and how "episodes" will look, Jamie is running his scenarios like he is a producer.


"Low key, High Key actually, very snakey bro." Michelle walks in and notices there is tension amongst the guys so she asked what's up and Jamie tries to get ahead of the potential problem to him and tries to lead Michelle down a path as he tries to change the story narrative of what he told Michelle vs what he told the guys. Jamie tries to pretend that he wanted to protect Michelle and that is why he created the story.

Michelle asks to speak to Jamie outside and tells him that she thinks "the trust is completely broken" so she tells Jamie he has to leave that night but poor Michelle has to walk up and down those ridiculous staircases once again in heels

Having to do that in sneakers would annoy me so I cannot imagine the desire to just cut people from the show after having to do it in heels. 

Michelle tells the remaining guys that she is "looking for my soulmate" and the Jamie drama has made her want to cut the rest of the cocktail party short.  

Rose Ceremony

Roses to Joe, Rick, Leroy, Nayte, Casey, Chris G., Chris S., Clayton, Olu (that ends the streak where I thought she started doing in alphabetically to make it easier), Romeo, and the final rose goes to Will and his soaking Jacket - Peter looks livid then redeems himself a bit on the way out "Michelle I wish you nothing but success and happiness." 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.