Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Bachelor Recap of extended episode or how I learned to pill pop in the shadows.



The 'drama' from last week continues in Cleveland with many of the girls vocally annoyed with Peter and Peter is hiding in a room away from them. Natasha "she made her bed and she has to A-Lay-yah in it!"

Peter pulls Alayah aside and tells her that he doesn’t want to put her through any more drama but "it is probably time to say goodbye."
Peter walks Alayah out walking hand in hand to which some girls say "the disrespect" at this time they do not know Alayah is being booted. More than a few girls say they no longer trust Peter – many sound like they play for the 76ers "I try to trust this Process but I just never know what is going on in his head."

After pacing around for a bit Peter finally returns to the ladies waiting for him inside. Peter tells the girls "I value you all so much, I trust you" "I am not wishy washy…I know what I want and Alayah is not it." Natasha is the first girl pulled aside after this, Peter tells her he is surprised she is still here (in jest). Peter is basically on an apology tour with all the women.

Rose Ceremony time:
Madison gets the first rose, then Sydney, then Natasha, then Lexi, then Hannah Ann, then Shiann, then Mykenna, then Victoria P, (Deandra is sweating), then Kelley, and the final rose goes to Tammy leaving Deandra crestfallen. As she leaves Deandra tells Peter "I am so confused" Peter cannot give her a good answer (granted at that moment is any answer going to make you feel better?)
Peter's toast "aside from all this drama I have had a great time with you." Peter then tells them they are going to a place with "lush jungles…active volcanoes. Ladies get excited we are going to Costa Rica." Unlike Cleveland this actually gets a joyful reaction.

The Tourism Board advertising disguised as show content begins:
We start with Peter alone, driving around and showing off sites/sights
Peter meets the girls wearing a bandage on his face and the girls ask what happened, Peter starts off with a story about finding a "little volcano. so I found a trail to take me up to it…as I was walking a puma crosses my path…locked eyes…and my animal instinct took over…and if you think this is bad you should see him right now." The actual story is Peter walked into a Golf cart, while holding a glass in his hand, hits his head on the top of the cart and then into the glass in his hand breaking the glass into his forehead and requiring 22 stitches, the show detailed it with a mix of recreation and actual footage and it was awesome.

Sydney gets the first one on one date:
And the helicopter budget kicks in for this season. As Sydney says "the other girls must be freaking out" we cut back to the house and I think Kesley (?) is freaking out claiming she has already fallen in love.
Back to Sydney and Peter taking a picnic, and Sydney thanking Peter for choosing this date for her (she knows that Peter doesn't pick the dates right, especially not in a foreign country?).
Peter tells Sydney that he finds her mysterious and she says she gets that all the time. Peter says in Spanish that "our love will take off today" after Sydney says she knows a little Spanish, in reply Sydney kisses him (good way when you do not understand what was said). Peter tells Sydney she is the best kisser and that needs to be their little secret, then they immediately bump heads causing pain to the stitched area.

Back to the hotel and Kelley gets the one on one date and showing her knowledge of the show expresses apprehension because she says "I don't have a sob story."

We then cut back to Sydney's date and she is telling us the perils of growing up a mixed race kid in Alabama, her classmates were horrible to her and she ate lunch in the bathroom to hide from them and she thinks that plus her parent's divorce is part of why she is so withdrawn…this of course leads to Peter-Kisses. Peter calls her a very strong woman, he then ups the ante and says "you have qualities I could see in my wife" while presenting her the date rose…even Peter acknowledges that it is early to say all of that. This all leads to a massive makeout session in a pool grotto type area.

Back to the hotel and Tammy is being practical as she tries to help Kelsey out and reminding her that only one girl can be picked at the end. Kelsey rants about Sydney being fake. Tammy says Kesley is "a hot mess" and cries for days on end "four days over a bottle of champagne, I didn't cry that much when my grandpa died."

Group Date time:

The girls meet Peter and they are joined by people from Cosmopolitan magazine for a photo shoot, which is supposed to be featured on the March issue of Cosmo (funny thing is the news broke in advance of the episode that Cosmo wouldn't be using the photos for the magazine because of the girl that won…which immediately let me know who won).
When the photographer says we need something more dramatic in a group shot 'racist' Victoria F. (VF) kisses Peter earning boos from the other girls. All of these women look great in swimsuits and look natural modeling, I suspect they all have some great 'Insta' photos. Victoria F (she of the previous modeling experience but pretending to not have any) expresses/feigns shock that she gets chosen for the cover photo. Forgive me if I find nothing genuine about VF.

Kelsey tells Peter that she has been a bit standoffish because it is hard for her doing group dates coming off of having a one on one, and she is falling in love with him…earns her kisses…though girls saying their pet goldfish died when they were 18 months old earn kisses. While Kelsey and Peter are off making out the other girls are talking about her and VF says that the night before Kelsey said that she was the realest girl on the show and the others were all fake, being called fake leads Tammy to tell Peter her 'concerns' about Kelsey.

Peter calls Kelsey back because he needs to know what "is too much of a red flag for me." He says "I heard you had a bit of a breakdown when we left on that one on one yesterday" "I mean I was a bit emotional but I would not call it a breakdown."
Kelsey crying tells us that “yeah I cried a lot yesterday, but that does not mean I am having an emotional breakdown.”  Kelsey comes back and confronts the other girls saying that others cry in the bathroom she just chooses to not hide her tears, Kelsey wants to know who told Peter that she was having a breakdown, Tammy initially does not respond and allows her to be confronted by other girls, but finally has enough, VF tells Kelsey that she is sick of the drama and Tammy tells Kelsey “you were upset over a bottle of champagne for 4 days!” That champagne issue really stuck in Tammy’s craw.
Peter says this rose goes to someone who was “open and honest with me” and then says Hannah Ann, you can see the shock in the faces of the others I had mild shock too because I do not remember Hannah Ann saying a single word of substance this whole episode., but only mild shock because it so often just goes to the girl the lead thinks is hottest.

One on One with Kelley:
Being a lawyer myself I tend to have a love hate relationship with lawyers who appear on this show, so far I am not feeling Kelley, here is hoping this date improves it. Kelley you might remember met Peter just before the show began filming and Peter says he kept having ideas in his head “is it faith, is it meant to be” but since the first few days the relationship has plateaued.

Continuing an oft used Bachelor theme the couple goes to a shaman. The shaman lights some candles that are meant to be male and female candles but to me both just look like penises. “The male candle is melting towards the female candle but the female candle is pushing back, it is repressed” so says the shaman.

Back to the house and Kelsey is asking Tammy if she has a problem with her “I did talk to Peter about you, but it was not about you it was about me” Kelsey “sounds like a cop out” Tammy “That’s the emotions that I feel so I talked to him about it” Kelsey “Honey I talk about all my emotions with him” “DON’T CALL ME HONEY” (Tammy immediately caught that condescension like I expected her to). Tammy keeps bringing up Kelsey’s drinking; this has to be some epic drinking to stand out in the Bachelor house.

Back to the date and Peter says he is still having some doubts about Kelley.
Peter brings up his concerns to Kelley, and tells her “I cannot go any further with any reservations.” Kelley tells Peter she has felt like she has not had any time, and Peter says “that is not true” he tells her he thinks she has become complacent, it feels a shade mansplainy. Kelley says that she thinks she might be on different levels with herself and some of the other girls and she is concerned that Peter might “not be ready for a wife.” Kelley calls Peter out for enabling so much of the drama of the prior weeks and not nipping it in the bud. 

Peter wants to know what Kelley wants at the end of the show, she says something like an engagement but she cannot say an engagement quite yet because she (reasonably) is not there yet. Peter picks up the rose and gives a mini lecture that Kelley created doubt “but I need you to trust in this process…I am telling you because I know this can work”…should we point out that he is on this show because it DID NOT WORK for him, or the fact that the lead of his first season was on the first 2 episodes of this season because it DID NOT WORK FOR HER?

Tammy the next morning is talking to the other girls and is still bringing up Kelsey’s drinking, and says Kelsey is one of the most insecure girls she has ever known. In the meantime Kelsey is putting on makeup and leaves the villa, while the other girls are wondering where she is off to Tammy says “probably crying her eyes out.” Clearly a producer driven moment since Kelsey can find Peter’s villa and he just happens to be hanging out by his pool. 

Kelsey is previewing any potential problems other girls might bring to Peter about her, but he tells her he think she has been direct with him, so now Kelsey knows she has Peter on the hook and throws Tammy way under the bus. She accuses Tammy of saying she drinks a lot – true and then says “somehow it turned into me popping pills” – Wait what? FALSE! Unless the show edited out Tammy saying this to her, that popping pill accusation never happened, OR, I really do zone out while watching this show! Peter now tells us that he is worried that Kelsey might have felt “ostracized a little from the group.” Peter goes off and gets Kelsey a rose because “to be completely honest, I don’t need a rose ceremony to tell me how I feel about you.” 

So now Kelsey has a rose that she can take back to the other girls and as she walks up to the other girls and their stunned faces she says “Hey, I can explain…I went and had a conversation with Peter…We had a talk some things were said so hopefully tonight should be …[slowed down quieter voice]… smooth sailing.”

As the girls are eagerly waiting Peter OMCH comes up to tell them, no cocktail party we are going straight to the rose ceremony, 'because earlier today Peter received the clarity he needs.' Tammy confronts Kelsey and asks if she said anything to Peter about her, and Kelsey claims she only told Peter that they had a disagreement and Tammy’s commenting on her drinking – oh really? That’s it Kelsey?

Earlier in the day my friend Ali P told me how much she disliked Peter and this moment of Peter hiding from a cocktail party makes me agree with her.

Kelsey “I take Adderal and birth control” the girls are now turning on Tammy because they think it is her fault for Peter canceling the cocktail party. Sydney comes off like a bully and a liar pretending that she didn’t instigate problems herself and does not talk about others behind their back. As this goes on Mykenna keeps crying and freaking out because she will not be able to tell Peter “How great I am!” Tammy is going to be great on Bachelor in Paradise; I hope she takes the offer that I am sure they will extend to her. You have to remember that so many of these girls are young so the stupidity of these arguments has to be evaluated through the lens of immaturity.

Just as Peter is about to hand out the first rose Tammy asks him for a moment alone, she asks if the clarity that he told OMCH that he had received was because of something said at the group date, while she is talking to Peter telling him that she meant no harm, Mykenna comes over and steals him from Tammy. Other girls are now mad that Tammy and Mykenna got time with Peter.

VF gets the first rose, followed by Madison, Natasha, Victoria P, Mykenna (beaming) and the final rose goes to TAMMY! One of the girls who picked on Tammy (I did not bother to learn her name) is going home and I feel no pity for her, oh OMCH says her name - Lexi, as he tells her and Shiann to take the time to say their goodbyes.
Lexi on her way out says it sucks that 2 girls “took the time before the rose ceremony to make it a mini cocktail party”

Shiann on her way out tells Peter to be aware of some of the girls remaining…of course Peter immediately gets a scared look. 

The 'Blooper' reel moment is OMCH playing the role of an informant for Peter's forehead accident with his voice disguised but then his face clearly shown to end the 'interview.'






















































No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.