Infrequently updated consistently funny

Friday, August 05, 2022

Clayton gets cooled down

 I suspect this Acai bowl I am having will not be the iciest thing today as I turn on 'night 2' 

I did not (would not) pay enough attention to the crowd each night to know if it is the same people each time for the studio audience. Oh what's this Genevieve is sitting next to Aaron IYKYK. 

Back to Iceland and the prominent featuring of the Hilton logo: 

Clayton "you don't know what you have until its gone" this is his rationale for sending his older brother from another mother Jesse to go stalk Susie for him. 

Jesse knocks on Susie's door and the show positions their talk with the sun beaming in on their faces. "Susie if you are up for it I really think you should go and see Clayton today." Cut to Clayton's parents not happy that Clayton still wants to have Susie meet them the dad "In my opinion it is slim to none that she comes here" the dad loses that bet as Susie walks in. 

Susie greets the parents then asks to speak to Clayton outside in the bench that is always available once we get to hometowns and meet the parents episodes. 

Susie tells Clayton she was humiliated by how Clayton treated her during their breakup. Susie is giving him the face to face lecture I think she was going to save for 'After The Final Rose.' I truly think the Bach Franchise has just become a business for the 'contestants' sure if they find love out of it bonus, but if they find fame or a chance to be lead, that is the goal. Clayton is pleading to Susie for a second chance "I love you and I don't want to lose you." Susie says "I don't know if I am in a place to make a decision right now." What a bookend to a season, Clayton started the season with a woman rejecting his rose and ends the season with a woman rejecting his profession of love (rose). 

Susie leaves again and Clayton still says he needs to pursue her because he is "100% invested in her." Clayton was it not enough to have a name that sounds like Colton and to look like Colton you had to follow the same dumb route as Colton? THE SHOW SHOULD NOT HAVE CAST THIS GUY THAT DID NOT EVEN MAKE IT TO THE LAST HANDFUL OF MEN I have been yelling that since before the season and I feel vindicated. Clayton tells us he now has to go break up with the 2 remaining women.

THE LADIES: 

You gotta be kidding me, they are still making the poor women shack up together. Gabby and Rachel are discussing that neither of them got a date after meeting Clayton's parents. Clayton comes in to talk to the women and they both look shocked. Rachel's dad is shown inset from the live crowd and he is dead staring. 

Clayton "I realise that it is not feasibly possible for me to be in love with 3 people at the same time...my heart is no longer here it is with Susie" as he breaks up with the women and Rachel is crying. 

GABBY:
Gabby "I really don't have anything to say, thank you, I know it was hard to come here and tell us but I think you are too late, and for both of us you could have thought about it before putting yourself in our shoes, so that it I think for me" as she gets up and walks away. Clayton follows her "Gabby can we talk?" "Yeah...I actually don't know who you are" Gabby continues "I can't believe anything you say, not one thing." Gabby is annoyed that Colton fought for the ladies to stay when he could have let them go and she accuses him of taking the easy route of preventing them from leaving but then getting to boot them. 

Gabby echoes the concern that I have, Clayton did not have the respect for the ladies to pull them aside to talk to them individually at the rose ceremony and then again today, plus he aired their laundry without their permission. Clayton says "Am I able to walk you out?" Gabby scowls and rightfully snarls "NO!" Because A. unnecessary pretense she is ALREADY IN HER ROOM B. Do not act like you care now bro. C. Such an incredible artifice we literally saw Gabby hanging in her room but now she has to go all the way down to a waiting limo? Silly to the core! 

GABBY HOT SEAT

She comes out to raucous applause and a kiss from her crying granddad. Gabby said she was genuine hurt and that she loved Clayton. Gabby gets her chance to talk to Clayton who walks out robot stiff. Gabby hugs Clayton. Gabby tells Clayton that she felt "so misled." Clayton "I promise you I had no malicious intent with my actions, I just did not go about it in the right way." Gabby continues with her line "it's about the best match...not if I am the best woman." 

RACHEL:
Rachel does an amazing level of crying-whisper talk when it is her time alone with Clayton "I was the only one willing to stand there with you [at the rose ceremony]" "I was the one who fought for you...because I thought it was worth it...you didn't give me anything and what little you gave me I held on to because I though it was worth it" cut to crowd inset of Genevieve wiping a tear and shaking her head. As Clayton walks her out Rachel keeps repeating "You gave up on us...I never stopped fighting for us." "I cannot believe you are going to put me in this car right now." Rachel was clearly not dressed to take a walk outside because she is in a t-shirt and since the show thought they should feature the license plate of the car we get to see that it is the same car that took Gabby away they probably just circled the block. As they then pretend to show us a car driving around Iceland IT IS A DIFFERENT license plate. 

HOT SEAT

Rachel showed up during the video package so we did not get to hear the crowd reaction to her appearance. Now that Rachel is not talking to Clayton (or having lost her voice at hometown) we learn that she can speak in a normal tone. Rachel is in an amazing metallic dress that she is wearing ramrod straight on the edge of her seat. Rachel echoes Gabby re Clayton's disrespect of doing the cattle call breakup. Jesse asks "Are you still in love with him?" "I do not have feelings for him anymore." 

Rachel does not hug Clayton as he walks out. "I just want to start out with saying none of these emotions are for you or about you...because I became collateral damage in your journey for love that was the most selfish journey." Rachel tells Clayton that he was "so disrespectful." Clayton apologizes. Rachel "I just don't believe you." "The fact that this is the first time I am hearing any sort of apology on camera." "You left out the part that you already knew who the one was, who you love the most." "I don't believe that you were in love with me at all." Rachel's dad "I don't have anything to say because my wife told me not to say anything unless I have something good to say." Rachel's mom "I DIDN'T SAY THAT. because I have plenty of bad things to say." 

Rachel says "You told me that I was the first person you told 'I love you' to in 6 years, did you just tell me that to sleep with me?" Clayton "no." 

ICELAND

The show has not had many shirtless shots so we have Clayton changing and holding a ring that his voice over says "there is hope here in this ring..." Jesse continuing to play the role of stalker surrogate delivers a note from Clayton to Susie and I am still suspicious as to whether Clayton wrote it. Of course Susie has to read the note out loud. The note ends with this line "I want to respect the time that you need to take to figure out a decisions but if you'd be willing to meet me I will be patiently waiting for you in the countryside." That sounds so much like Clayton's favoured contradictory speech he also uses the phrase "Definitely maybe." 

The rose ceremony is in a Viking lodge? Susie not heeding the warnings from the elements proceeds inside despite the wind trying to blow her back into the car. Clayton wields the ring box as a weapon, he breaks the box out to say "I am this serious" when telling Susie that he wants to fight for her. Susie says she finds Clayton "to be an incredible person" "there is no doubt the love that I have in my heart is so real and I know that you have it too, but...[long pause] I don't feel like the kind of love that I have for your is the kind of love that I like have for you, like you have the unconditional of love of someone that  like you want to be with someone for the rest of your life but I do not have that right now." "But like I thought this true and like..." if I even took a sip not a shot for every 'Like' in this show I would be dead. Clayton a true herb asks if Susie thinks it is over or should he wait for her Susie says "I feel like it is over." 

This has to be the record for rejections of a single bachelor, again I note I have only seen about a 1/3 of the seasons but sight un seen I am taking that bet. 

Jesse "For the first time in history our bachelor was rejected on the final day and he ends up alone" stare into the camera "or does he" as we go to commercial. 

CLAYTON HOT SEAT:

Says that he went home and then was reached out to by someone that he never thought would reach out to him. The mystery woman's feet are shown walking forward then backward. and she is finally revealed to be Susie. Zero shock. Jesse "Susie what a pleasant surprise, I don't want you to take this the wrong way but what are you doing here?" Susie says "we are happy to be here together" Rachel's dad is arms folded mad. Jesse "Are you guys together?" "That's my boyfriend." Jesse "Clayton, I know you are in love with Susie, but Susie are you in love with Clayton?" Susie turns to Clayton "I love you" and kisses him. Jesse pushes to see if Clayton wants to propose Susie says "if we were going to do this I would be asking him. Clayton tells us that he quit his job and sold his condo to move to Virginia to give it a good shot. Clayton gets up to go get a rose and walks back with it hidden behind his back as if even the dimmest bulb cannot see what is happening next. 

BACHELORETTE REVEAL: 

"I already told you it is not Gabby and it is not Rachel...[long pause as the audience all know what is happening and start to shout the reveal] IT IS GABBY AND RACHEL" Jesse you did not need to yell that part we all figured it out, the only thing we don't know is the format. Turns out it will be both at the same time. The Bachelorette really is the show that suffers all the testing and gimmick changes. Rachel "I am so happy for her" again in a normal rich speaking tone I have to think someone told her to change her speech but not just her Gabby "I am a girl's girl through and through" and she too has much less of the vocal fry that she had during the season. I would not be shocked if the show gave them both vocal coaches. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.