Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fun video and mild America bashing!

So I must confess, because Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago are often America’s rivals (note b4 you jump down my throat I just said rivals not equals) in most sports that America participates in internationally, I am usually quick to gloat in America’s defeats…it’s the same with watching OU play anyone else I just want to see them defeated: EXCEPT when the honor of the big 12 is on the line! And the same goes for football, if Jamaica had made this World cup I would have rooted my hardest for Jamaica and T & T and while not actively rooting against America I would have probably enjoyed the whipping we received.

BUT now it’s just sad, I really, really wanted America to do well and it shows how badly she has performed that PRIDE is now taken in the fact that the Ukraine suffered a worst defeat than it. Thing is I think much of the world is fed up with the US’ antics the pretense that if ‘we are not good at it then its not a sport’ or “if we throw enough money at it we will conquer it” and finally “change the game to suit us” Football is beautiful as it now exists – anyone who reads my blog knows that I love American football (TEXAS NATIONAL CHAMPS) but nothing compares to sitting on the couch and watching a team just play football/futbol/futbole the proper way. So enjoy the video and root hard for America against Italy and Ghana, because to be honest I am selfish – I hope that the better America gets at football the more I will be able to see top flight matches on my tele! By top flight I mean non-MLS! Sorry my friends it just doesn’t cut it even though I own a few MLS jerseys. I would rather see Henry, Ronaldinho xs2 and Rooney than Donovan and Adu any day. Oh and joga bonita hype featuring the American team probably didn’t help the world’s view of American hype.

Quick note to the above rivals v equals statement: for our size and economic prowess, both Jamaica and T &T do very well against America with Jamaica doing better than T & T in almost everything (we even made it to the World cup 1st) – now here is hoping half my bloodline doesn’t read that last paragraph!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.