Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

R.I.P. Christopher...prayers!

So yesterday I did not post his name or an article with his name because enough information had not been given out to the general public. But now that the dean has sent a general email to the law school and his family members have been notified and I was told by some of his friends to post this article I think it is now safe to post his name.

I know for many people this is hard to stomach and to understand and for many it could not have come at a worse time (in terms of grieving and stress) but that is not how we must view life or situations. It is so trite to say that life goes on but sadly/comfortingly/reassuringly/inexorably time does its inevitable march. I will not say we must move on because that is ridiculous, we MUST grieve because we have lost a brother a friend a colleague.

However, I truly believe that beyond grieving we must not let our sorrow weigh us down so much that we forget to live ourselves and forget that we are still here and must carry on! Please take a moment to pray for Chris and his family and to pray for each other - do not forget to have a kind word for your colleagues and if in the tragedy of losing Chris you realize that there is someone that you need to take the time out to talk to, or whisper "I love you" to or even just say a simple thing like "I'm sorry" just do it, do not wait for the next best time because you never know if that next best time will ever come.

I apologize because I know this is not very articulate and sadly not an adequate tribute, but I am weighed down by what has happened and the fact that I am studying for the bar. But, I have a blog I always post my feelings and right now I am feeling shock and if this causes you to take a second like I did to reflect then forgive my lack of polish, look beyond its flaws and say a prayer for me as I will say a prayer for you...

1 comment:

Marc M said...

Sorry to hear.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.