Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Screw the bar - Save my friends - Damn this is killing me!

So as I sat and watched 2 friends trade out ‘freak out’ moments and I stealthily reached for my ipod headphones to plug my ears so that I wouldn’t get ‘bummed’ out. I realized not for the first or heck even 50th time that the Bar just RIPS US APART. It is the dasher of dreams and the killer of hopes. I slept less than half an hour last night because I was tossing and turning trying to figure out a wills and trust MPC question despite the fact that Wills and Trusts do not have MPC questions – Worst thing too is that I know there are no MPC W/T questions but I could not stop trying to solve the damn problem.

If you know me you know I may kid about stress a lot, but I tend not to stress out, but damn it the bar has shown me a whole new level and since I am not used to stressing I think I am handling it badly. My skin is breaking out like a teen-ager’s I eat crappy food and I have no patience for anyone’s stupidity (hmm maybe the bar has only increased my attitude). Thing is what mainly sucks is that the peeps I would normally turn to for support are either taking the damn bar themselves and it is not fair for me to ask them when they need it as badly if not worst than I do (I haven’t broken down in tears like a few I have seen); or they are in Texas and our times conflict; or working; or not even in the damn country.

I have studied for this exam harder than I have ever studied for anything in my life. I know more law than most lawyers currently working in the state of CA (the knowledge may be useless) (that’s not a boast by the way – I do not think I am unique in that I think 90% of the peeps currently taking the bar will know more law than current lawyers – just lack experience) and yet I am fully convinced that I will fail the bar. I look at the upcoming 3 days with nothing but revulsion, I have no confidence and I cannot stomach the thought of failing.

It is so bad that peeps are using phrases like “no one talk to me on Tuesday”
“I do not want to see anyone before the bar” or my favorite “Just think of it as a practice exam” Well the latter is how I had planned to treat the LSAT and thankfully my score assured me that I wouldn’t have to do that so here is hoping the same will happen on the bar.

Regardless of the result next Tue/Wed/Thu: San Diego better look out because once I am done and the rest of my cohorts with me there will be a good faith effort to rid the entire downtown district of alcohol. My intention is to make it look like prohibition has returned by removing alcohol from every bloody bar that I am allowed to enter!

To the Bar examiners of CA “JUST BRING IT”

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.