Night of arrivals it would seem. Came home to see that my checks had finally arrived (though not my debit card – not sure why they cannot arrive together). My cable box and modem had arrived and UPS thought it was a good idea to just leave it at my front door, thankfully it was still there, though I do not get connected till Saturday so bit of a tease for now. And received an info thing to let me know that they tried to deliver my mattress topper but apparently they could not leave that with my appt manager. I really wanted to see that to see if the memory foam is as cool as I think it is. Now all I have to do is actually get a damn bed.
I also set up a Valentines date. Yes it is true, I who do not believe in Valentines day actually have a dinner date set up for that day. It was a coincidence but once we realized that it was v-day we kept it.
What kind of hurt was when the young lady said to me (since it was the first time we were communicating in months) “…against my better judgment I gave you my number” What could I say to that but “wait, what?” and look around in shock like the answer lay on surrounding walls.
I expect a great dinner, because we are both fairly arrogant so I cannot wait to see how the 2 of us interact in a confined setting…sounds like a recipe for a tonne of booze.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- LONE STAR SHOWDOWN goes to TEXAS
- Watching TEXAS v The Aggies and trying to work
- Of working life and "Hell no you cannot have my mo...
- White hoops and Pregnant ex lovers.
- Happy Mardi Gras
- Watch HIMYM and damn it let me sleep
- Happy Chinese New Year!
- 6 months ago
- Hope y'all had good nights/days
- Update...to my earlier post
- Oh and a bed update
- Everybody get random..Feb 11th edition
- New bed has arrived
- I WANT MY MTV...not really I just want my damn cab...
- Night of arrivals
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.