So I like the Nike ‘second coming’ ad featuring 10 of Nike’s top ballers. I also thoroughly enjoyed reading a write up on it online with the words “The ad features 10 very tall black men” Really? Seriously? The ad with White-Canadian Steve Nash features 10 tall black men? I know Nash’s game is so sick that he looks like an And 1 mix tape but the last I looked Nash is one of the whitest guys in the NBA. Are we still so blinded as a culture that an ad with basketball players and rap music must mean that the people in it are automatically assumed to be black?
By the way I LOVE absolutely love the fact that Tom Brady is now a ‘baby-daddy’ between he and Leinart the image of the golden boy all American boy QB is taking a significant ding. I also completely agree with some sportscasters who have said that if this had been Michael Vick he would have been held in scorn as the worst kind of role model.
Quick question that I will get to in greater detail: “Why is it always termed: He got her pregnant?” In today’s society don’t we now know that it takes 2 to get pregnant? With reasonable precautions most people do not get pregnant. And women should not pretend that they do not have a hand in pregnancy. STONE COLD!
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- LONE STAR SHOWDOWN goes to TEXAS
- Watching TEXAS v The Aggies and trying to work
- Of working life and "Hell no you cannot have my mo...
- White hoops and Pregnant ex lovers.
- Happy Mardi Gras
- Watch HIMYM and damn it let me sleep
- Happy Chinese New Year!
- 6 months ago
- Hope y'all had good nights/days
- Update...to my earlier post
- Oh and a bed update
- Everybody get random..Feb 11th edition
- New bed has arrived
- I WANT MY MTV...not really I just want my damn cab...
- Night of arrivals
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.