My night at the gym could pretty much be described as embarrassing. Arufa and I are so out of shape we spent a good portion of the time laughing at each other. I did manage to put in3 miles on the elliptical. I attribute that to walking to work most days, walking a mile and a half each way at least keeps me slightly fit. But wow my arm strength is pitiful. I will not reveal how pitiful since Arufa and I made a pact that no one will know how bad it was, but it was bad. (No it was not as bad as just lifting the bar…I can see your mind thinking that)
This guy swam the AMAZON!!! What a maroon! Do you know what is in the Amazon? Neither do I that is why you cannot swim it. Heck half the stuff we know about in there is potentially harmful to you.
We need to stop celebrating ridiculous stunts like this. All they lead to is one idiot trying to top the next. This guy nearly died. Check out some of the blurbs from the article:
“He said he was lucky to have escaped encounters with piranhas, the dreaded toothpick fish, which swims into body orifices to suck blood, and even bull sharks that swim in shallow waters and can live for a while in fresh water…Cramps, high blood pressure, diarrhea, chronic insomnia, larvae infections, dehydration and abrasions caused by the constant rubbing of his wet suit against his skin frequently tormented him…To cope with the delirium and other problems, Strel said he turned to his doctor.
Come on man you are fighting delirium and you still think this is a good idea?
Or maybe I am just jealous because I know I could not do it!
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- What's in a scent?
- Favor to Bex
- I dare you to watch this video and then tell me it...
- Hahah I love New York
- Found a cool new bar
- It is exactly 4.20 on 4/20
- Clip and a rant...
- Way to go John
- School Shooting
- It is official!
- It's Friday the 13th
- Sometimes doing the right thing is painful
- Of Nappy headed ho's and Snoop Dogg!
- Of working out and idiots swimming the Amazon
- I need to sleep.
- Late work night
- Props to Alanis Morissette
- Always knew he was crazy
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.