San Diego is again considering banning alcohol on all beaches, 365, 24/7. As a citizen of a country that does not have such restrictions I am always amazed at how these things get so over-blown. I was on the beach for Labor day and say the things that led to the Labor day riot that is now triggering the over-reaction. I can tell you much of this was due to the cops' failure to control situations. What typically happens is that they clamp down too hard on some peeps and let others get to the point where only a spark is needed to cause a riot.
I am watching the San Diego news as I blog, It has become a nightly comedy for me (whenever I remember to catch it). They just described 5 kids getting Chicken pox in Santee as an EPIDEMIC! Fans of hyperbole much? I mean come on NBC, when I was 10, 6 kids in my prep school got chicken pox, 2 were my friends should I have been immediately quarantined? Did I survive the great epidemic, the plague of the Liguanea Plains?
So the main reason I am watching is because they previewed "Phantom phone vibrations" and I had to watch it cause I "SUFFER FROM IT" (sorry had to use exclamations - never know I might need to audition to work for NBC)
Of course there is a Panda story, there is always a Panda story. If you have ever seen Anchorman and thought it was all a comedy YOU ARE WRONG...it is basically a documentary on San Diego news, only problem their newscast was much more serious than the drivel we really have.
This is Raider's week, and the news is begging the SD fans to not sell their tix to Raider's fans, but as the newscaster rightly said "It is probably already too late to tell you that"
Our news SUCKS! I am glad that we rarely have violent crimes here in SD, but I wish they would just be honest about it and cut the news down to 15 minutes or if we must keep it half an hour, show some international news (we do border an international country after all) or some National news.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- FEMA stages fake news conference
- What is with the spitting?
- "A shot at Herpes with Tila Tequila"
- Mini fire update...
- Fire map updates!
- My eyes are burning, I am sneezing and the air aro...
- Cal v UCLA also known as...
- Word of the day...inquietude
- My Halloween Costume
- Of Knives and pain
- Could the government be using Odonata Anisoptera f...
- Cal loss, and partying with my brother!
- Beach Booze Ban...why must we always over-react?
- Happy Birthday to...
- See what happens when your wife is a "Whooourree"
- Pleasantly surprised
- Aaron D in VIP...v 2.43456s
- Did you know the sky is blue? Oh and Marion Jones ...
- This seems a bit too harsh...
- Why San Diego has the greatest news!
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.