Infrequently updated consistently funny

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Can this be right? Say it aint so...

So I just saw a news clip and I had to research it myself online. This study that I will cut and paste in later, flys against all the social studies that I have observed throughout my years of visiting bars and going to parties. Drinkers of the world can this be right? Am I just a sexist and unable to handle a study that I as a male thought would never be released: Here is text from BBC's article "Women 'better at holding drink' - Women are 'more relaxed' after drinking than men
Some men may not want to hear this - but scientists have found women are better at holding their drink.
Kentucky University researchers found men's loss of inhibition was three times greater than women's with the same blood alcohol levels."
Though I do like the end of the article: "A spokeswoman for Alcohol Concern told BBC News Online: "We need to see more evidence to back these conclusions up."" Like tough crowd w/ Colin Quin showed when discussing this a great example to counter the above argument is popping in a girls gone wild tape...Doesnt seem like they are holding their drink that well now huh...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.