Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, October 04, 2004

Is your kid stoned?

11 MILLION American kids are on drugs; and no they are not on the old school drugs like weed and glue or higlighter pens, no they are on the new drug of choice prozac. How can 11 million kids need prozac, this number does not include the kids that are strung out on Ritalin. What happened to the war on drugs...all the money that is gone into fighting the spread of weed probably should be spent on counseling parents to get their damn kids of the new crack. Now I know some kids will need prozac but not 11 million. By the way to give you an idea of how significant that number is here are some US census figures: 53.3 million children ages 5 to 17 as of July 1, 2003 (see I can do research). So basically 1 in 5 kids are on prozac. Now kids will continue to smoke weed; does anyone know what weed + prozac will do to these lil shorties coming up? I have never been a smoker but lets face it most of my friends are and Im fine with that in fact I love that, I think some of the best peeps on earth are weed smokers and some of the most mellow. Yet those are the same peeps that big governemnt will attack while helping to push crap like prozac down the throats of kids and adults. I would rather see more peeps on weed than on prozac, at least I know the weed is herbal and natural and no one ever has OD on it. Heck if I was hostess cupcakes I would make the cupcake paper out of blunt paper and just corner the market.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I read an article about a parent concerned about the same thing. The article is in "Psychology Today" magazine, you should check it out!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.