Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentines Day - Just say NO!

Valentines Day must be one of the worst things known to man kind. Often it causes depression in those recently broken up; a sense of longing in those who are lonely; anger in those who feel that they should be with someone; lust in others who troll the bars looking for the lonely and easy; resentment in those who spent hundred of dollars in the quest to prove their love; frustration in many trying to book restaurants and find the perfect gift; and fat wallets in the pockets of chocolatiers, candle makers, florists, restaurant owners, teddy bear makers and card providers. If it’s not obvious by now I have come to loathe this day, I know currently of 2 young ladies that I used to have conversations with that will be crying today (nothing to do with me) because of their sadness that is enhanced due to the ‘suckiness’ of their situation and the fact that this day just tends to shine a light brightly on relationships or the lack thereof. Lets try to remember as a society that you don’t need a special day and multiple expensive gifts to show someone that you care about them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - cynic much?? tell us how ya REALLY feel ;)

Anonymous said...

just bitter cause you aren't gonna get some?

Anonymous said...

he could probably get some . . . after all, he is a sucker for an easy lay.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.