Infrequently updated consistently funny

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Basketball and World Cup football

Tomorrow should be a huge night for Basketball. I expect the soon to be crowned NBA champs to come from one the 4 teams playing tomorrow. I know that by saying that I am completely discounting the east teams, but I do not think that either Detroit or Miami can take out the Spurs, Clips, Suns or Mavs. The beauty of the game though is that you have to play it all out.

In less than 2 weeks the world cup comes on and America has one of its best teams ever. I will be interested in seeing just how far they can go. My pick remains the same as it was 2 years ago…Brazil. It is just hard to pick against a team that looks like an all star line up. I am intrigued with some players though that I expect to see great things from. Portugal’s Ronaldo is just amazing with his control; Can Beckham over come all the hype and glamour around him and deliver a performance that England can rally around and will Wayne Rooney fully heal in time to play at all; is Spain’s revamped squad ready; will Ronaldinho and Ronaldo combine to set goal scoring records; Can Thierry Henry lift France on his shoulders?

Crazy to think that only 7 countries/teams have ever won a world cup

SOCA WARRIORS; since my native land did not make it I am rooting like crazy for the land that gave me half my blood: Can Latapy, Stern John (gotta love that name) and Yorke come through for Trinidad? Tough road to hoe especially for a first time team.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.