Infrequently updated consistently funny

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Of scientific Calculators, Old ladies out lifting me and Gangsta study music!


So of the bat, thanks Peter for lending me a calculator. But, I dug around in my garage and found what I expected 2 damn scientific calculators, though both have dead batteries. I just knew I had to have a couple calculators I mean just because I came to Law school does not mean that I am not a bloody Zoologist and no Zoologist worth his dissecting kit is without a calculator and I felt bad for borrowing one!

To all my boys that think they are rocking it in the gym, if you are not hitting the leg weights you are a chump: 69 year old Madeline Albright can leg press 400lbs. In case you think that’s a typo that is 4-hundy! Cot damn! I am rehabbing my knee, but made sure to slap on an extra 25lbs on the press just to make sure that I was over her weight (bear in mind that I do max out the calf machine at 500lbs but thanks to Madame Secretary I will be working bloody hard at the leg press to get back up to full strength – within reason though - wouldn’t want to blow out my knee again just to prove a point)!

Excerpts from the current song that I have in heavy rotation while I study…check the words and you will see why a guy from the ATX who is on his last days of law school will like it…though most peeps probably will not see this as study music!

"The Interview" by Slim Thug
[Woman interviewer]
…Now son you've been doin' it real big for awhile But please, tell us what's the secret to your success? [Slim] I'm a bonafide hustla …This the beginning, y'all ain't seen my last When I call myself a hustla, I ain't talking about moving rocks …[woman interviewer]  Now we talk about the style of Texas Now many seem to think cause you got that Texas style That's gonna limit your success Tell us what you think about that [Slim] I'm an A-town (playa) So FUCK y'all (playas)  Got a fo'-fo' thatta buck y'all (playas)  Stay out my way Cause (playa)  I'm not for play … [Woman interviewer] Okay talk to 'em I see you here…But I don't ever see you with any security, Please, what's the word on that [Slim] Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times They be checkin' other fools, but they ain't checkin' mine You run up tryin' you gon' be lyin' down dyin' When you hear that clock clock sound comin' out of the iron I ain't no fuckin' punk, I suggest you (playas)  chill Cause if I pop this trunk, then somebody gon' get killed…

Preach on it Slim Thug

I am surprised at the extent of the Zab Judah punishment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No problem with the calculator. Good luck with finals.

Maria Elisa said...

hahahahaha. most of those guys are frontin' sweetie. they ain't ganstas. they are playing to an audience. why would you even listen to anything any of those dumbshits have to say.

I don't get it. I grew up in a barrio. no one wants to stay there. Why does everyone want to romanticize it? you are bigger and better than all of that. you are in law school and making something of yourself and I respect that far more than I respect a thug that can't learn or grow.

peace.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.