I have tickets to the Padres v Reds game tomorrow. I ordered this game ages ago because Vx is coming in and I really, really want to see Griffey play! He has been one of my favorite major league baseball players for years. The problem is, HE IS ALWAYS injured. For some people you say that and you basically just mean they occassionally get hurt but trust me with Griffey he is ALWAYS hurt. Even though the game is only 36 hours away I am still nervous that somehow he is going to get hurt before then and I will not be able to see him.
The other bonus is that I get to see Jake Peavy pitch: I firmly believe he is going to be a hall of famer and we are witnessing some of the best pitching of his career currently.
Here is hoping Griffey does not slip on a plastic bag and somehow puncture his hamstring with a broken plastic knife...trust me he has had injuries freaky enough to make this a possibility.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- If Nancy Grace annoys you as much as she does me
- No way...
- I am getting more and more excited for this movie....
- Rihanna's 'Umbrella' and 'homoagitation'
- Just another good reason to have a neighborhood ba...
- You bloody selfish bastard...
- Coming out insurance
- Chasing after tow trucks and leaving houseguests
- You know you did the right thing...
- Just another crazy night...
- Completely trashed my apartment looking for stuff
- C'mon Griffey!
- So the new tally for Aaron is: 4 BROKEN BEDS!
- Whew another weird night
- Straight up now tell me...Paula Abdul
- I hope she serves time
- R.I.P. Chico
- Happy Birthday...
- Not as young as I used to be
- If you have HBO and you are not watching...
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.