I have owned 3 beds since I have lived in America. I have been in America for exactly 8 years and a few months. Since I have been in America I have bought all my beds brand new! The three beds are in addition to the bed I first had when I got to America and stayed with my bro and was put up in his guest room for a bit, that bed was also new. Since I have been in America I have some how managed to BREAK ALL FOUR BEDS that I have slept in on a somewhat constant basis.
The latest is the brand new Queen size bed that I was raving about in February and that everyone who has ever entered it (wow that sounds horrible - I meant my friends who have tested it out) has raved about. The box springs have completely failed down the center of the bed so now I basically sleep in a crevace down the center of my bed.
Thankfully I kept my receipt (always keep receipts for big money purchases) and the company is replacing it for me free of cost. Initially they claimed I would have to pay for delivery and pick up but I was in no mood to hear such crap and so now they are going to do the swop out for free.
This is crazy to me though, yeah I weigh 213 now (down from 219) but even that is not heavy enough to be damaging beds like this. Afterall the first bed I broke in the ATX was while I weighed 160lbs, just a weird set of circumstances.
I do have a few people I could blame for bed #s 2 and 3 breaking but decency and false modesty demand that I not name them...but they know who they are!
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- If Nancy Grace annoys you as much as she does me
- No way...
- I am getting more and more excited for this movie....
- Rihanna's 'Umbrella' and 'homoagitation'
- Just another good reason to have a neighborhood ba...
- You bloody selfish bastard...
- Coming out insurance
- Chasing after tow trucks and leaving houseguests
- You know you did the right thing...
- Just another crazy night...
- Completely trashed my apartment looking for stuff
- C'mon Griffey!
- So the new tally for Aaron is: 4 BROKEN BEDS!
- Whew another weird night
- Straight up now tell me...Paula Abdul
- I hope she serves time
- R.I.P. Chico
- Happy Birthday...
- Not as young as I used to be
- If you have HBO and you are not watching...
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.