This was one of my favorite songs in 1997 and the lyrics just suddenly applied this week (they have applied in the past, just this week I choose to blog them) thanks to some crazy stuff that occurred.
...Take you on a natural high, like a pilot
It be all good, toss your clothes like a salad
When it's all over put your vote in my ballot
It's my diner, I'm Mel, and you're Alice
Spend a night, in Cali J's palace
It be all good as long as you don't act childish
While you standin there with the Moscato in your cup
If worse come to worse keep this on the hush, uhh
I know you seen me on the video (true)
I know you heard me on the radio (true)
But you still don't pay me no attention
Listenin to what your girlfriends mention
He's a slut, he's a hoe, he's a freak
Got a different girl every day of the week
It's cool, not tryin to put a rush on you
I had to let you know that I got a crush on you
(And then of course my favorite lines, I swear much of the coolness of the following lines is in their delivery...seriously the delivery, not the fact that nudity is mentioned)
I told you before, when I first pursued
I want an interlude, in the nude
--Lil Kim 'Crush on you'
(Would like to point out that no matter what your "girlfriends mention" you should really "see for yourself" - this is just a general statement and not a jab at anyone in particular...which probably sounds like a cover up, but it is not)
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- Shoshanna's a good girl who just wants to come and...
- And the benoit case just gets weirder and weirder
- Maybe it is a sign that I am working too much:
- Burnt Orange for life, talent and a Benoit update
- This is a bit weird.
- So bloody tired...
- So I got molested at the bar tonight...
- Paris Hilton and Nudity...sorry the stories just s...
- Posted for Obama so now in fairness I will post Cl...
- Sometimes a song's lyrics just fit...vol 5.3
- Crazy that an ATX crowd did this...
- "Bullet Bullet"
- Triumph goes to the Tony awards and then rips Star...
- Haha the Obama crush song...
- Water out of thin air
- A travesty of justice and some Paris Hilton scraps...
- Sopranos finale
- Paris Hilton disgusts me...but you gotta respect t...
- What's in a name?
- Way to go Fox news!
- The grenade toss makes it a classic
- The power of the Genitals
- ▼ June (24)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.