Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What's in a name?

So a lady showed up at my apartment door tonight and handed me a card that said Public Defender. She then launched into this statement: "Hi I am X from the public defenders office and I would like to talk to you about the incident that happened outside of Hooters last night with Girl X" --Uhmm I have no idea what you are talking about? (At this moment I am seriously panicking that somethng horrible happened at Hooters and that someone blamed me for it...I was honestly trying to think about the last time I went to Hooters...so many things ran through my head all ending with: The only time I have gone to Hooters in the last year was after New Year's Eve and to be honest none of us in the group of wounded soldiers could have done anything so I realized it could not be me) "Are you Aaron (Last name X)?" Uhmm no.

Then it finally dawned on me which is weird cause you would have thought I would have realized this ages ago...The guy who used to live in my apartment before me, shares my first name.

So apparently the old Aaron was a witness to something crazy at Hooters and because my addie is the one he gave the court they came looking for me.

1 comment:

Abeni said...

lucky fella

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.