Infrequently updated consistently funny

Saturday, December 04, 2004

BCS

Just wish they would stop fronting and drop the C out of those 3 letters. So tommorrow at 2pm pacific the results come out and determine which school gets that at large bid. I am biased, but I believe Texas should get it, if as the Cal coach said today its about consistency then we should get it, we have had 4 straight 10 win seasons and this was another good one. Sucks that a weak conference can have 2 good teams trounce it and inflate numbers and have that help their poll positions. Nothing against Cal or USC because u cannot dictate your conference but, I feel that many of their numbers are inflated. Beating southern miss proved nothing in terms of Cals power; if they are as good as the claim is, in a game that had so many eyes on it and had so much riding on it and was against a weak team there whould have been a stomping not a scrape through. Plus it would be so funny if the Rose bowl had 2teams whose fans travel in such massive numbers like Texas' and Michigan's, while the Cal fans would have to drive past them on their way to San Diego for the Holiday bowl. The only team with blue and gold in Pasadena should be Michigan. Though thats another issue; weak conference winners like Pitt, Mich, V-Tech, should not be getting automatic bids while a team like either Cal or Texas and Louisville have to scrap for an at large. Take the C out and lets call the thing what it really is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn right the bcs is straight-up bullshit. FUCK TEXAS.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.