Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, December 06, 2004

Life isn't a bed of Roses!

At least not for Cal! So it sucks for Cal, I understand that: But please don’t give me the “we deserve it more than Texas” line. Its hard to say that either of us deserves it more than another. The ones you should be irate at are teams like Pitt, Va Tech and Michigan. Be mad that the BCS has so many dumb rules that allow a team ranked #21 in the BCS to slip ahead of a team ranked #5; there should be no tie in Bowls. Winning a weak conference like the Big East should not give u an auto bid. I have said from the beginning that I think Cal is a good team, I don’t think they are a better team than Texas. I have told many of you, my dream match-ups have been OU v USC, AU v Utah and TX V Cal. Let the un-defeated rumble and let the 2 best one loss teams in the nation duke it out for supremacy.

Do I think TX can beat Cal? YES. Am I sure? No. It’s impossible to tell. For all those saying oh Cal almost beat USC, well almost doesn’t count. UCLA almost beat USC (if the ref knew what a fumble looked like) does that mean UCLA is as good as Cal? Maybe USC had a bad game when they played Cal while Cal had to play their ass off to match up with them on a bad day. There are so many what ifs. So if you don’t win u cant tell me u were better than they are and u cant use that as your consolation, because consolation gets you the holiday bowl as I well know as a TX fan. We have suffered for 3 years what Cal is now suffering, lose to your rival and it breaks your heart and your season. I am not gloating though well I should after all the grief yall have given me week after week every time the BCS came out and Cal was ahead of us. My heart aches for you because I know what its like to just miss out. But don’t look for love when it comes to the Rose bowl. Tradition is over: The Pac 10 no longer is guaranteed the Rose Bowl and no one should be. The system is flawed but don’t blame Texas for doing what it had to do. Hopefully next year its Cal v TEXAS for the national championship: the 2 flagship schools of the 2 big football states going at it…now that’s a dream match-up. Till then sorry Cal and HOOK ‘EM HORNS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck the BCS!!

That about sums up my feelings on that.

Anonymous said...

I think the BCS should be like the WWE. Then instead of Auburn feeling left out, there would be a triple threat match for the National Championship with USC vs. OU vs. Auburn.

Instead of Cal/Texas vs. Michigan, with one of them getting screwed, you'd just have Cal vs. Texas in the Rose Bowl...inside a 20 foot steel cage!

Finally, you'd have Utah vs. Boise St. in a "Battle for Respect" Match.

Now THERE'S a system that works!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.