Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Iranian Gay Youths Hanged

So I was blog surfing as I am sometimes wont to do and on Fyr’s blog I found a story that I just had to read. As always when discussing other’s cultures or religions I am hesitant to condemn etc., but would rather try to understand what their culture is about or why something must be. However, after that disclaimer: Cot damn this is too much for me to comprehend, to denounce homosexuality is one thing (and often done in Jamaica) but to actively remove homosexuals from society is just too much for me to believe. Kids so young with no chance to ever grow up, because they committed a sexual act is just too hard for me to stomach.


(course the sick feeling in my stomach could also be that damn milk I had)

6 comments:

Abeni said...

Now,am queasy as well.Bad enough to beat them but hanging and ppublicly too? Damn!

Maria Elisa said...

Although it isn't a matter of law in our country (which is a huge distinction), those types of atrocities do occur in the US as well. You know that some people reading that article were totally cheering the Iranians on.

Makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

It is a sad story indeed, but as an Iranian I would not say that most Iranian people would support that, or any, type of punishment for being homosexual. Unfortunately, Iran is being run by a bunch of religous fundamentalists (and despite what they say, the new president was NOT elected by the people!) and things like this happen. Hopefully one day Iran's true culture will supersede what is currently in place. -A

Cali J said...

Much love to that comment

Anonymous said...

This version, if true, tells a somewhat different story. But still pretty crazy.

Cali J said...

Thanks for putting that article there...always good to see the second side of every story.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.