So I rented a car for next weekend and because my local (downtown/Airport) rental location did not have a car at a time I wanted I checked their other location just 2 miles away note TWO not 20 miles away. Now I have a car for an extra day because the cost of renting for 2 days from the non-airport location is so much cheaper that having the car for 2 days is still less than I would pay for having the car for one day if I rented from the airport location.
This now makes me wonder how much I have over-paid in the past by renting from airport locations...thieving bastards. I mean the cost disparity is not even CLOSE. The second bonus is; by renting from the NON-airport location they will actually pick me up at my home whereas the airport location requires that I come in to pick my car up...why again would I ever rent from that location again?
Street scene, so many of my San Diego local friends know that I was practically trying to give away my street scene tickets. No one wanted tickets, even at almost 50% off. I read some reviews of this year's show and I can see that the problems I faced were shared by all. Street scene was empty this year. Maybe live nation will take the hint, and not move the damn STREET SCENE into Chula Vista at Coors and not try to get uppity and remove hip hop from the scene.
Look I can understand if you want to limit a genre, but when the lineup was originally released the only hip hop act was MIMS and if you check in the hood many would disagree with his classification as a hip hop artist. Just a thought for the future...mix it up a bit and bring it back downtown to the STREET!
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- Of rental cars and Street scene
- Happy Birthday to...
- Pre-pre Birthday Celebrations; foie gras and Kobe ...
- Pre-pre-pre-Birthday celebrations
- Harry potter gangster!
- Always sunny and more college football rules
- Guy thrown off bike for moaning in Spinning class
- Sixth Texas Player arrested since June
- Simplifying my life before my birthday.
- As if their was not enough current fodder against ...
- Alright, Alright Before someone else brings it up
- Free passes to 24 fitness!
- All you can eat steak Tomorrow
- Just another reason why as a Longhorn I have probl...
- "It's Britney Bitch!"
- Walking 5 blocks
- What the blankity blank is wrong with the NFL and ...
- College football rules to live by...
- Cleavage control clip!
- First Saturday in September...
- ▼ September (21)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.