I made 2 apple pies last week for thanksgiving weekend. For the first time ever I used a kitchen stand peeler/slicer/corer and I must say...it was awesome. I peeled, sliced and cored a dozen apples so quickly I did it during a commercial break of 'Dirty Sexy Money' (I just love that shows title). Now I am thinking I have to get the damn thing. That is always the problem with trying out anything cool that others have. I am used to sitting in front of a TV and painstakingly peeling apple upon apple and then hand coring them and THEN slicing them to a thin level.
Question is, do I want to purchase another kitchen item that will only be used once in a blue moon?
I loved the crust of the pies I made last week, I am actually not the biggest pie fan, but I am the biggest fan of pie-crusts. So much to the point that when I finished Robin's slice I ate the crust and ignored the filling. Tried out an egg-wash for the first time, it gives great color and allows a nice sheen to the pie topper.
Always my friends - Go with home-made crusts v store bought for gift pies...it always brings the joy!
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- Naked men, white kids, and me working out
- Quotes by pregnant starlets...you gotta love them....
- American Gladiators is back!
- Apple Pies and conveniences
- IluvNY, Punks jump up to get beat down...
- Phenomenal HIMYM tonight...
- In anticipation of tomorrow's HIMYM...slap bet
- One year ago...
- THREE AM TEXT MESSAGES!
- Happy Birthday
- "She's a keeper, just keep her somewhere else"
- How could she do that? v3.43
- Hot girls always make me wary!
- A Shot at Cold Sores with Tila Tequila, v.2.23 (sh...
- San Diego complete booze ban on beaches
- An interesting article on marriage
- Can you truly be over someone...
- Hingis out thanks to coke...
- Happy Birthday to...
- "Tell your girl to stop yanking on my carrot!"
- ▼ November (20)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.