I read this article while watching the game...amazing what I will read while watching peeps beat their brains in (go Colts - I hate the Patriots) and it led me to some thoughts. The writer has in my view missed the point of marriage. She appears to think of marriage as the bringing of 2 parts and the retention of separate but equal entities. BUT, I disagree! If you have read my blog you know I am not the most sentimental of persons but what I do value is marriage, trust and love.
A marriage is not just about 2 people coming together to share things, a marriage is about 2 people coming together to become ONE! The bible says "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" I can understand a marriage where both persons are temporarily separated due to jobs etc, but to willingly choose to live such a lifestyle is not a marriage but an arrangement of convenience.
- Your Sunday word.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- Naked men, white kids, and me working out
- Quotes by pregnant starlets...you gotta love them....
- American Gladiators is back!
- Apple Pies and conveniences
- IluvNY, Punks jump up to get beat down...
- Phenomenal HIMYM tonight...
- In anticipation of tomorrow's HIMYM...slap bet
- One year ago...
- THREE AM TEXT MESSAGES!
- Happy Birthday
- "She's a keeper, just keep her somewhere else"
- How could she do that? v3.43
- Hot girls always make me wary!
- A Shot at Cold Sores with Tila Tequila, v.2.23 (sh...
- San Diego complete booze ban on beaches
- An interesting article on marriage
- Can you truly be over someone...
- Hingis out thanks to coke...
- Happy Birthday to...
- "Tell your girl to stop yanking on my carrot!"
- ▼ November (20)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.