Infrequently updated consistently funny

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Difficulties...


Of living in a foreign country when your parents still live home set in strongest when potential disasters threaten your homeland.

I have been tracking hurricane Dean and hoping for the best. I know that the island is planning on scaling back electrical service to conserve and preserve access, which is all well and good but it also cuts access to various lifelines like my ability to email friends, check on IM and use VOIP phone access.

Spoke to the folks, they are hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

Annoys me the tourists that are complaining that Jamaicans do not appear more panicked and are "not doing more to get them out of the country": 'Sorry sah that mi nah spend more time acting scared to make you feel better and not spending more time to get you away from your mere vacation spot instead of making sure that my family and loved ones are safe.'

To those bitches that are complaining that Jamaicans should spend more time taking care of them in a serious moment like this, I would spit on you but Karma says you will already be soaked enough. Instead I hope you learn some humility, respect and concern for others, eh screw it "I SPIT ON YOU and your family."

To my friends, bless all of you who have checked up on me, I thank you greatly for your concern.

Mom, Dad, I love you.


(pic clearly from weather.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron,

Thank you for coming out to the party. If you've received 8 trillion emails from me, sorry. Evite is trippin. I did not send out that many emails; only 1.

As for the fam, they are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Best,

Pride

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.