Infrequently updated consistently funny
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Of living in a foreign country when your parents still live home set in strongest when potential disasters threaten your homeland.
I have been tracking hurricane Dean and hoping for the best. I know that the island is planning on scaling back electrical service to conserve and preserve access, which is all well and good but it also cuts access to various lifelines like my ability to email friends, check on IM and use VOIP phone access.
Spoke to the folks, they are hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
Annoys me the tourists that are complaining that Jamaicans do not appear more panicked and are "not doing more to get them out of the country": 'Sorry sah that mi nah spend more time acting scared to make you feel better and not spending more time to get you away from your mere vacation spot instead of making sure that my family and loved ones are safe.'
To those bitches that are complaining that Jamaicans should spend more time taking care of them in a serious moment like this, I would spit on you but Karma says you will already be soaked enough. Instead I hope you learn some humility, respect and concern for others, eh screw it "I SPIT ON YOU and your family."
To my friends, bless all of you who have checked up on me, I thank you greatly for your concern.
Mom, Dad, I love you.
(pic clearly from weather.com)
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- Let me offer advice you already know
- "Bill clinton...is a bad boy, a nasty, bad naughty...
- 4 days 8 hours 45 minutes
- South Carolina must be so proud!!!
- 5 days 19 hours 45 minutes...
- Corn pops, 3lb steaks and bicycle seats
- Much love and thanks
- Praying for...
- Sorry for lack of posts...and props
- Real World...07
- Random musings updated - no explicit lyrics follow...
- Random musings and some explicit lyrics
- Happy Birthday...
- Dedications and shout outs...yeah it is that sappy...
- Few random moments
- Mini rant.v2.332...damn you need help
- Just got invited to a Bachelor party.
- Sex with a sign post, now that is classy!
- Props to my old city
- Never go DRINK FOR DRINK with the Cali-J
- UT is awesome for sex! Much better than USD...(I h...
- "In Africa, animals are used to clear minefields"
- ▼ August (23)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.