So I did yoga tonight for the first time ever, and the Cali J is proud to say he completed the hour. He is not proud to say, he thought he was going to have to quit like a punk! Yoga is a lot harder than I thought it was. Look I am not some idiot who just stared at it and went "I can do that". I went in knowing it would be tough, but damn I did not think that some of the 'poses' would be so tough.
The E'wanna be'Rin and I went to Kick Boxing on Monday and while I was not great at least I was able to keep up, and since I had lost 24 pounds since October (yes I am patting myself on the back) I figured, yoga could not be harder than Kick Boxing. Well the only thing I got right in that thought was that I would not sweat as much.
Adho Mukha Svanasana is the resting pose aka Downward facing dog and I love the name (cheeky I know but gosh I love it) but did not find it restful.
I actually found Urdhva Mukha Svanasana aka upward facing dog to be much more relaxing, though I wonder if a lot of that was just my mental un-comfortableness (that should be a word) with the way the pose looked?
We did not attempt Parsva Bakasana aka side crow pose, look at the link it is awesome, the instructor showed us how it would look but did not require it of us.
What we did do is the crow pose aka Bakasana and I am proud to say, I got up there for about a second or 2 before falling I mean come on it was my first day! Thing is, there is something very strange about resting one's whole body on their elbows in a room full of peeps, I know I am too tied to the modern world but I kept thinking isn't there some machine that could do this for me.
So I think it is obvious to my readers that I am currently single or hiding my latest relationship really well (either could be true but we will go with single for now). Yoga in Downtown San Diego, 'home of the beautiful people' is not the easiest thing for a hot-blooded single male. Hard to focus on clearing your mind and doing a good doggy with some blazing hot yogameister wearing only a white sports bra and skin tight dance pants beside you and another searing hot chica in a see thru dri-fit type shirt and shorts that would make Daisy Duke blush infront of you.
The instructor kept saying, focus on your breathing and I kept saying in my head "damn right, I do not want anyone to hear me panting" at least the good thing is that if they heard the panting they might have just thought it was from working out so hard.
Now I wonder if all my sweating was due to yoga. Anyway, I gotta tell you my peeps, Yoga is legit, and to my male friends who think it is a waste of time, come join me on a Thursday, 7.30pm at my gym, I guarantee you will have your heart rate elevated.
Oh and Azn Josh, you are getting whipped in Tennis tomorrow, so bring an ice pack to soothe your wounds.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- Frozen nipples, American Idol and Big girls
- Scrabulous is a disease - losing is the cure
- Fox continues to destroy society. vol 2.3 and wei...
- Heath Ledger has died
- If downward dog is a resting pose, why am I so tir...
- Customer service woes changed to cheers and keep A...
- "I'm international, check my passport, but still i...
- Fire bun fi JPS! How the ra$$ a whole island going...
- A 'Rap-up' of 2007
- Are the bloody 80s back?
- Cognac, friends and air mattresses
- Historic win for Obama
- Britney and tired blogging
- "These M & Ms are defective, some of them are Ws"
- Happy New Year to ALL!
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2007 (245)
- ► 2006 (418)
- ► 2005 (478)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.