Infrequently updated consistently funny

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Fans got their just deserts!

So The Palace at Auburn Hills tonight became amateur fight night and you know what? It was beautiful. I love the fact that the NBA players cold clocked some of those obnoxious fans. Anyone who tells me that the players were wrong for jumping into the stands is not thinking rationally. You play basketball for two hours in a hostile arena with adrenalin pumping and then get hit by a beer and not react? Those fans were idiots and deserve every punch they received. You do not ever throw a drink in another persons face and expect to walk away without repurcussions - I dont care if its water or beer. Hell that fan that ran onto the court near the end of the fight and tried to square with Ron Artest is lucky that he is still alive, your chubby ass looks like your 5ft,2inches facing up with a man that is paid to be an enforcer on the court and is over 6ft 8 in tall I almost wish he had put your dumb ass in a coma (thought that would have been more trouble than its worth). Seriously though it was so damn satisfying to see some of those "fans" take solid punches right to the face. If your a fan then treat the players with at least some respect, if you cant do that much sit your stupid ass at home and watch on TV.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fans are gonna take their just dessert to the bank as well.

Getting your nose broken by an nba player is like winning the lottery.

Now the fans were out of line, but let's be honest, going into the stands to hunt a guy down is a bit ridiculous.

Ben wallace shoved Artest 20 feet back and Artest walked away. But a guy tosses a bottle at him and he starts throwing punches? Doesn't make too much sense to me. The fan didn't help his cause, but the whole riot never happens if Artest takes it and security gets that fan kicks him out and throws him in jail.

Instead Artest, Jackson, O'Neal and maybe Wallace are gonna be suspended indefinitely, might face criminal charges and will definitely be paying ridiculous amounts in civil settlements.

Bottom line is that the NBA dudes fucked up the most.

Cali J said...

Yep most to lose and will prolly face multiple sanctions, criminal, civil etc and it was not the smartest thing in the world for them to do, but damn it was fun to watch. And, though I know its not right of them I love the fact that they did it.

Anonymous said...

I dont feel one bit sorry for professional athletes who act like they are still in high school. These people get paid millions of dollars and yet act like they are 10 years old. These are "role-models", these people are protrayed on national t.v., their conduct has much greater reprocussions than some idiot detroit fan. These people are blessed that they dont have to struggle to make ends meet, and they get to play a game for a living, and yet they walk around with over inflated egos and a chip on their shoulder. Look at it like this, if you were in a law firm, and someone threw a plastic cup at you, and you decided to rush the guy beat him up in front of your entire law firm, do you think you would have a job then next day, let alone be able to make a million dollars for putting a ball in a hoop? I think not! Bunch of idiotic @$$holes running up and down with no respect for the opportunity that they have been blessed with. Up their coolo. The bright side is, Artest now has lots of time to make millions promoting his record label... what the f@$k kinda world am i living in?

Marc M said...

Well I agree with Anonymous that NBA players are well paid and supposedly professionals and so the level of good behavior and responsibility expected of them are greater than that for random fans, but the behavior of the fans need some smack too.

One other thing. Lets not belittle what these NBA players have to do. Yeah basketball is a game, but so too is anything really until you gotta do it day in, day out, you gotta run those laps, shoot those shots, travel all the time, it ain't easy as it looks - these guys definitely deserve some respect, what these guys do requires them to be in good shape mentally and physically. Some of these guys may not be the smartest cats but they are definitely hard working.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.