Infrequently updated consistently funny

Thursday, November 11, 2004

URGES

I have got to fight my urges, I told a friend about some of my urges and it spurred a no comment and when that friend has nothing to say that is an amazing occurence, am I such a bad person? Just saw another anti smoking ad: I dont smoke but I dont know anyone that those ads have put off smoking. In fact those ads appear so annoying to me that if I were ever intrigued by smoking I would take a puff or 2 just because those ads hit me the wrong way. Everyone who smokes nowadays knows the danger of smoking its just a waste of funds and a break of my viewing pleasure to run these ads, put that money to good purposes like figuring out how to make the ice cream that I love fat free and still taste the same that would be a good use of funds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the ads are targeted at younger people, those who are on the fence of whether or not they should smoke. Seeing a picture of some chick with a hole in her throat or some dude who can't breath would deter teh hell out of me.

The one with the dude running up the mountain is a bit lame when he says "i breath hard when i choose to" or some shit like that is week. Need to bring back teh chick that smokes through her neck or of a person who can only talk through a machine like Ned on south park. Now that would be some shit that would deter the hell out of my ass.

I won't be suprised when smoking is outlawed all together. That will be a good day in my book.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.