Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Cali-J will be the chef 2morrow

So mi ketch fraid…I am doing jerk chicken for the BLSA event tomorrow. Unfortunately I could not find Jerk Seasoning anywhere in San Diego (way to shed that label of being a white-bread town) so I had to make my own with all fresh ingredients. Now I am damn nervous that I will A. Bun di chicken, B. Have a seasoning that is too hot for peeps to handle, C. have a seasoning that cannot penetrate the chicken, D. just all in all mess it up. It’s weird I cook all the time for peeps and now all of a sudden I am severely insecure…why? Cooking enough for 30-40 should not be any harder than cooking for 15 but something tells me that the fact that the grill will be at school and I made my own seasoning makes me feel extra vulnerable!

Anyway the event is 11.30-1.30pm back patio of the writs.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.