Infrequently updated consistently funny

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Easily distracted...

So I am at work right now, trying to focus, failing...miserably. It is truly amazing how many things you will try to find to distract yourself from doing something you know you have to do but find distasteful (like calling the clerk of some small time district court - who gave you attitude half an hour ago). I have re arranged the pens and lone pencil on my desk in a variety of ways within the last half an hour (despite the fact that they are contained in a brand new pencil holder so it doesnt matter how they are put in there it's organized). To trick my brain into not going into hibernate mode, I keep switching between work tasks, but I think my brain is catching up to my ruse. Oh well this blog only took a minute to type and I can't justify spending any more time on non work related activities.

An aside How long has the Jackson Trial being going on for: Does it just seem longer than average because since 1992 allegations of this type just keep popping up so now it just seems like one long trial? Saw last night that MJ's spokesperson said he will no longer chance putting himself in such situations. Really? Now is the time you figure this out: NOT AFTER MULTIPLE ALLEGATIONS and MILLIONS in payments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it just takes people a while to catch on, no one said he was socially adept. :)

Anonymous said...

Does he mean not putting himself in such situations mean he won't:

1. Sleep in the same bed with little boys

or (more likely)

2. Sleep in the same bed with little boys in Tom Sneddon's jurisdiction....overseas is "open season."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.