Infrequently updated consistently funny

Monday, May 09, 2005

I just want a hug!

"All a N@#$a really need is a lil bit
Not a lot baby girl just a lil bit
We can head to the crib in a lil bit
I can show ya how I live in a lil bit"
50 cent

For some reason around finals time I get sentimental. Not that sappy I love puppies; lets hold hands through the park sentimentality crap. I get sentimental about the sorry condition that I am in. [Yeah, yeah I know adequate preparation throughout the semester avoids this problem – but come on I am a normal student so that doesn’t apply to me] So then at this stage all I need is comfort; some peeps turn to drugs I turn to friends and ice cream.

There is a kid in the undergrad that freaks me out. Not that the kid in anyway is freaky, but his dedication to studying is intense; he is always in the library and the law school. So much so that I thought he was a 1L that I didn’t know. My undergrad days were such a fun filled haze that I can’t even detail them…unless forced to reveal them with a subpoena. This kid is quickly becoming a legend; I have never seen such steadfast dedication to undergrad pursuits. I applaud you sir. For those of y’all who have no clue who this kid is look out for a tall skinny white kid who always has a serene look on his face. Salute him when you see him.

As for me give me a hug. Even if its just a lil one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd give you a hug, but I don't think I can get up since I just finished a tub of ice cream. I feel you. Finals suck!!!!

ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

I'd give u a hug too.. but that would mean reaching all the way across the ocean. In my undergrad days I was a little like the tall skinny white kid , but now that it is all behind me... I wish I was less intense and learnt to enjoy the experience more.
You know what they say 'bout all work and no play... hehehe... and we dont want that to happen now.. do we?

Cali J said...

Thats part of it; I think the college experience is more than just constantly studying. It's the whole college life that builds character: going out meeting people and getting life experience away from the books. Then again just because it was some of the best times of my life does not mean that my method is useful to others.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.