Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

102 Fever...no problem!

Ah yes the legal field is the battle field of the devil. The onsite nurse at work has just informed me that I have a fever of 102 and my response was…”You can’t force me to leave work can you?” Her response “No but I seriously think you should see the doctor and go home to rest.” My response “So If I walked out of here after taking some of your Tylenol or whatever my fever could possibly go down and you can’t tell my boss anything right?” Her “Yes, but…” Me interrupting “Nothing right?” She reluctantly “Yes though I think you need to take care this could be bad” Me “What is bad is the amount of bloody work I have to do. Thanks for all your help, I will take a couple of those pills, I will lie down in my office for a bit [blatant lie] and then if feeling worse I will go home, otherwise I can’t risk leaving.”

Now see this is how much my current life sucks, because I have sold my corporate soul I am forced to work on a day when my right ear has a ringing sound, none of my muscles feel like they are a part of my body I have a fever that at 2 degrees lower 10 years ago I would have been crying “MOM” yet now I have to look at the nurse through hazy eyes and act all brave. Why couldn’t she at least have been cute?

Mini tangent: What happened to all the cute nurses that I used to see when I was a teenager? Back in the day I always wanted to get with a nurse, now that I am older the quality has severely declined or is it that because now I only see a nurse if I am really, really sick I don’t have time to appreciate them.

Damn you body for betraying me; I thought all those years of drinking, lack of sleep, chasing women and risky behavior would have conditioned you to go through anything…we can do this just another 7 more hours at work and we can go home to get a shot to chase the pills with.

6 comments:

Maria Elisa said...

Sweetie. You need to listen to your body. Please take of yourself. Although I may not be able to take advantage of you, some other woman will. Save yourself, please.

BTW, the nurses probably don't look as hot because you are no longer a desperate adolescent. Hormones are almost like an hallucinogenic. Did I spell that right?

Marc M said...

Wow this Law thing is where I'm heading in life...what a ting?

Anonymous said...

You know what it was? It was those zoo animals!! Just kidding....

I hope you feel better

Anonymous said...

You went to the nurse?!
You never were one to listen to what anyone told you when you were sick. I'd tell you to take care of yourself and get some sleep but I know better so I'll just say I hope you feel better.

Mad Bull said...

You should have gone home... if you sick, then you are sick. Maybe you should consider another line of work if thats how stressed you are...

Cali J said...

Please dont get me wrong, work is not what over-exerted me. Work is what was forcing me to remain when in times past I would have high-tailed it home. The over exertion was due to a rough past couple of weeks...friends in town...16 hour musical festivals...beach...trips...moving appts etc...alot of activity combined with ridiculously low amounts of rest will contribute to bad health for anyone. I love the legal field, I just know though that it can be stressful and demanding. Thanks for the well wishes

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.