So Katrina came and oh she was a wet one. (Ok so once again I slipped into grade school humor but screw it OCI is a depressing time so let me act childish for a second)
On to the actual rant:
The loss of life is sad, the massive destruction of property I think is even sadder. See here is my feeling…
People were given mandatory evacuation orders and many ignored it, many felt that the hurricane would not hit them or hit them hard. Screw them…if you had the option to leave and stayed put after all those warnings I find it hard to be sympathetic to you if you were injured. The sympathy I feel is for all those who lost property, all those who are currently being looted (nasty thieving rat bastards – looters should be shot! More on that in a sec.). Amazing that with all the warnings peeps still stayed put and then have the audacity to call for rescuers – What? Hell no swim your dumbass to safety…by staying and then calling for help you have put in danger the lives of all those who have to come for you and let’s not kid ourselves we know brave fire fighters and policemen will always come for you no matter how much u were at fault. Some dude called the AP saying he didn’t want to break through his roof but that water was lapping at his ankles and “I want to live” This is why I couldn’t be a dispatcher because some how I know that 911 would suddenly drop a call.
The loss of property sucks I hate peeps who are saying serve them right for living there. Screw that: I know it’s a chance you take living in the NO but that doesn’t mean that my heart can’t go out to them when a storm comes and takes everything away. Hell I live in Cali I know we are one big earthquake away from the stone age, the mid west is one major dust storm away from the early 1900s (look it up if you don’t know) and hell the east coast is one good hurricane away from being the Dakotas. We all take chances in spots where we live…though those peeps that keep building trailer homes in tornado alley kind of piss me off. Many peeps in NO grew up there so it’s not for anyone to tell them that they should move just to be safe…just EVACUATE damn it when a storm is coming.
Now my federal tax dollars are going to rescue yokel after yokel from the top of his roof…LEARN TO SWIM or LEARN TO EVACUATE. Do both and everything will be better. Don’t get me wrong though, those people who were unable to escape due to infirmities or poverty etc have all my love and sympathy…the rest of y’all…Fassys!
Looters I hate you and pity you, anyone who takes things from others in times like this is an asshole. I know some of those peeps stayed put when the storm came just hoping for the chance to loot. I hope you drown!
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- ► 2007 (245)
- ► 2006 (418)
- BAR REVIEW AT AUBERGINE
- Difference between reporting of whites and blacks
- Have you ever wanted to be in movies?
- The wind done gone…
- For you Tara
- Thugging and bugging the Simpson way!
- "Get her wetter than the perfect storm"
- Not mentor worthy!
- Happy Birthday
- Alcohol + sleeping pills = ?
- 1st BAR REVIEW...L.I.T. promotions is Back!
- Bad customer service
- Not very PC of me, but heck what is?
- Not sure whether I should be proud or just laugh.
- Warning explicit lyrics...
- Taco Tuesday
- Happy Birthday Ben
- Skip college if you can!
- Fun pics from orientation
- Basic Advice for incoming Students...
- Welcome Bar Event for 1Ls at FACES
- Thanks for the tennis T!
- Damn you Kinkos!
- Thanks Mama Maria
- Dakota Fanning
- Last Day at work...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINH!
- Wow she sucks at that...(or blows at it)
- Lappy is back!
- De La Soul will be here Aug 22
- Bush v Bush Madden 2006
- How sick is Madden 2006
- R.I.P. Peter Jennings
- ThunderCats are on the Move!
- Big question from street scene...
- Sanctioned beer pong!!!!! BD you would be in heave...
- Criminals are essentially dumb!
- Will Martha ever learn?
- 102 Fever...no problem!
- If it aint white it aint right...at least in East ...
- Is it stress...
- ▼ August (45)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.