Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Not sure whether I should be proud or just laugh.

"The Princeton Review survey also listed UT Austin 10th among 361 colleges and universities for the number of students packing the stadiums for sporting events. In other categories, UT Austin was 12th among the best college libraries, 13th among great college towns, 14th for the low number of hours students study each day, 15th for the best college newspaper, 15th for the best party school, 19th for the popularity of intramural and intercollegiate sports and 19th for beer consumption."

The guide said the university is “on anybody’s list of the top 10 public universities in the nation. The Plan II liberal arts honors program is one of the nation’s most renowned. Though it is also the capital of Texas, Austin ranks among the nation’s best college towns.”

"The university is highly ranked in the U.S. News survey of the best business and engineering undergraduate programs.

The McCombs School of Business ranked fifth, tied with Carnegie Mellon University, the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and New York University. McCombs was ranked sixth in last year’s survey. The McCombs’ accounting program ranked second in qualitative rankings of specialty areas, while its management information systems and marketing programs ranked third, and the finance program ranked fifth."

I think most rankings are crap anyway but it was fun to read this about my old school...Go HORNS: 2006 National Champs.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.