So I went over to the School’s eatery for lunch today (something I try to avoid) circumstances demanded it…I had to walk to school today because my garage door and all the other garage doors in my complex would not open…but I digress.
So I was at the eatery which is only half an eatery since until the damn undergrads return to school nothing good is open and the persons behind the counter cop an attitude as if my money is no good
(Tangent: “Your damn tasteless made with day old bread sandwiches are not worth the paper they are wrapped in so maybe you should served the bloody sandwich with a bloody smile on your face” – is what I wanted to say but of course all that came out was “ Can I have a mission beef [roast beef sandwich with a cutesy name as if that will improve the taste] toasted please” ) So after dealing with the shocked look because I dared to ask for it toasted and my reply of “fine” to the statement that it will have to be microwaved.
I take my sandwich to the check out counter and say to the lady “Just a sandwich” so that I do not get charged for the crappy combo (Tangent: “Good grief sandwiches at our school are bloody expensive $4.25 for a thin slice of roast beef a strip of lettuce, mozzarella cheese and day old bread??????”) to my statement of “Just a sandwich” I receive the reply “That is not just a sandwich that is a ‘Mission Beef’!” To that I replied with yep u guessed it nothing not a damn thing what am I going to say to that, that look of pride that hint of I created that name in her voice I will not be the man who crushes the sandwich chefs dreams I will not be the bearer of bad news, plus at the time it struck me that damn maybe this sandwich is as good as she says…NOPE. I had it hastily before class and it’s just like every other damn sandwich over there so now because I am bored in class and still mad that I was tricked by a mildly amusing sandwich name that cost way too much I am blogging. STONE COLD.
Infrequently updated consistently funny
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2011 (33)
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (139)
- ► 2007 (245)
- ► 2006 (418)
- BAR REVIEW AT AUBERGINE
- Difference between reporting of whites and blacks
- Have you ever wanted to be in movies?
- The wind done gone…
- For you Tara
- Thugging and bugging the Simpson way!
- "Get her wetter than the perfect storm"
- Not mentor worthy!
- Happy Birthday
- Alcohol + sleeping pills = ?
- 1st BAR REVIEW...L.I.T. promotions is Back!
- Bad customer service
- Not very PC of me, but heck what is?
- Not sure whether I should be proud or just laugh.
- Warning explicit lyrics...
- Taco Tuesday
- Happy Birthday Ben
- Skip college if you can!
- Fun pics from orientation
- Basic Advice for incoming Students...
- Welcome Bar Event for 1Ls at FACES
- Thanks for the tennis T!
- Damn you Kinkos!
- Thanks Mama Maria
- Dakota Fanning
- Last Day at work...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINH!
- Wow she sucks at that...(or blows at it)
- Lappy is back!
- De La Soul will be here Aug 22
- Bush v Bush Madden 2006
- How sick is Madden 2006
- R.I.P. Peter Jennings
- ThunderCats are on the Move!
- Big question from street scene...
- Sanctioned beer pong!!!!! BD you would be in heave...
- Criminals are essentially dumb!
- Will Martha ever learn?
- 102 Fever...no problem!
- If it aint white it aint right...at least in East ...
- Is it stress...
- ▼ August (45)
- Cali J
- Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.