Infrequently updated consistently funny

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Do any necessary repairs that will not break the bank…

Those are the words I said to the mechanic and now I am wondering when did I completely leave hold of my senses! I had to have my car towed last night because it broke down on me. Factoring in the hour the truck took to arrive, the half hour it took for me to finally decide to push the car off the main road, pushing the car myself (yes the gym has finally paid off) getting to the mechanics shop etc a simple trip to pick up pizza, hot wings and breadsticks turned into a three hour adventure.

I asked the tow truck guy if it was true that most peeps in his line of work carried a gun (I called it a ‘piece’ last night since if I am going to act like I am cool I am going to use cool terms plus for some reason I felt like saying gun was inappropriate). He laughed and replied that most of his group did but not him…(I should add that the reason I asked was because I saw the holster that he was clearly wearing under his shirt). I laughed and asked him why he didn’t carry a ‘whistle’ (again to make sure that you guys become as cool as me – in the vernacular of the streets a ‘whistle’ is a small gun) but as soon as I asked that question in my mind I went “DAMN IT: I bet you he is an ex con” and immediately it was confirmed. “I can’t carry because I am on parole” Of course there is nothing much to say after that except…”Cool”

Some funny things from last night
- I got a pretty good idea last night why lonely people become fat; I was so bored while waiting for the truck that to pass the time I kept eating, I had intended last night to have 2 slices and a couple bread sticks instead because I was bored I ate half of the large pizza and all 8 of the bread sticks
- Since the truck took so long to pick me up and because I had already ordered it, I walked a half mile to get my pizza
- Because I was starving from push my ton of scrap metal (formerly my car) and from only eating a single meal all day I started eating breadsticks while walking back to my car oblivious to the fact that I probably looked homeless
- I had planned to make a quick run to the pizza outlet and back home, I was not dressed for public viewing
- Ob getting back to the car, I threw the pizza box on top of the car and started eating Pizza and breadsticks off the top of my car like I had no home to go to (which if you consider that my car could not drive I guess I had no means of getting there)
- When I pushed the car off the road I realized too late that I had pushed it in between 2 banks and close to the drive up ATM of one of the banks, which led to a lot of people pulling up close, taking a look at me wolfing down a pizza, staring at them and then watching them pull away, to be honest it was probably a good idea in terms of long term rules to live by to not pull up beside the crazed looking homeless looking, pizza shoveling black guy beside the broken down car that it looked like he might be robbing.
- I really, really had to resist the urge to start eating the hot wings that I had bought, which is a bad statement on my part that despite being in a ‘desperate’ situation all I wanted was spicy chicken

1 comment:

Marc M said...

Sux yo - hang in there

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Cali-J ueber alles in der Welt. Some think that I am mean; (I call them friends), in fact I am not that mean. What I am is sarcastic and dry to the sandpaper level. I have friends that I have never said a kind word to their face, but I praise to the ends of the earth to anyone I know and will defend them to the end. That’s just how I roll! My boys know that I am down for them, my girls know that no matter what I will keep them safe (and occasionally flirt with them [If you are a female friend of mine and think I haven’t flirted with you it just means you didn’t notice, it was extremely subtle or…not yet ]). No one is safe from my sarcasm even my own parents; hence of course as a kid I spent a significant amount of time in punishment. I treat people with respect if I think they deserve it – everyone starts off with the same amount of respect from me (a lot). You don’t need to earn my respect; you have to keep my respect.